Ideas for Fallout 4 DLC

pitip

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Bethesda should also fix a little bit of the AI pathgrids, because when I build a bar or a building that I think an NPC would use I find that after the hour I've used building something I find that I have to carefully watch the NPCs to make sure that they can get inside. If they can't, I have to make changes to stuff that I could move over or through with ease just so the NPCs can move over or through it too.

When I was walking near Kingsport Lighthouse with Cait earlier, she suddenly said something along the lines of "I wonder what it's like on the other side of the pond". This one's far-fetched, but imagine for a moment we're going to Ireland.

- You take a boat out of Irish Pride Industries shipyard and sail east.

- Climate shouldn't be much different.

- Ireland wasn't hit as much, so maybe there are more trees there (thick, mysterious forests) and fewer radstorms.

- Society still collapsed, so people live in smaller and more dilapidated settlements.

- 'Druids' in messed up labcoats lead creepy, swampfolk-like cults out in the woods and you need to save settlers from being sacrificed.

- You can unite or destroy various tribes (like the New Vegas families gimmick) and become High King of Ireland.

Or, we can explore the Sea of Tranquility.

- A military space travel facility is found.

- The chief engineer for your chosen faction tells you they can get the rocket working again if you recruit a bunch of people all over the Commonwealth.

- You take the rocket to the moon. Set up a pod system to transport people (fast travel, like from Solstheim to Skyrim).

- Start a moon base. Go out in special power armor to gather stuff, explore the moon, see the Earth and the other planets.

- Turns out the Zetans are back and they do not look friendly. You have to defeat them in a new Battle of the Sea of Tranquility.

Naval warfare/piracy.

- Pirates start raiding the coast of the Commonwealth. You, being basically in charge of the Commonwealth, are called on to stop them.

- You go to the Irish Pride Industries shipyard, clear out Rory and his pets and start building/fixing a good boat - maybe with customization options, like faction paint jobs and a separate-cell interior (think GTA Online's yachts combined with Home Plate).

- You assemble a small crew (a rugged former pirate, an over-eager rookie, a scientist - just a motley crew).

- You sail out, finally making use of those underused rocking boat physics (as you see in Libertalia).

- You can encounter pirate vessels of increasing size and strength, and kill their crew to steal their loot.

- Eventually you learn that the pirates have a stronghold at Martha's Vineyard. You assemble a force in the Commonwealth, sail there and wreck the pirate stronghold in an epic battle.

EDIT: Aztec/Mayan scenario.

- Jack Cabot, or in one specific conditional case a generic archaeologist, sends you an invite to come to Cabot House.

- A caravan up from Central America has brought a fascinating new 'alien' artifact, and he wants you to take the caravan back there with him.

- You arrive in the jungles of Central America, in a small shantytown built by descendants of the people who fled into the jungles when the bombs fell.

- There are all kinds of different mutates animals and monsters in the jungle, as well as eccentric raiders in feathered outfits who build 'cargo cult' like temples out of scrap and sacrifice traders.

- From there, you can explore various temple complexes and assist with digs.

- Eventually, you come across an ancient alien site underneath one of the Aztec/Mayan temple sites.

Edited by Roriksbork

When I was walking near Kingsport Lighthouse with Cait earlier, she suddenly said something along the lines of "I wonder what it's like on the other side of the pond". This one's far-fetched, but imagine for a moment we're going to Ireland.

- You take a boat out of Irish Pride Industries shipyard and sail east.

- Climate shouldn't be much different.

- Ireland wasn't hit as much, so maybe there are more trees there (thick, mysterious forests) and fewer radstorms.

- Society still collapsed, so people live in smaller and more dilapidated settlements.

- 'Druids' in messed up labcoats lead creepy, swampfolk-like cults out in the woods and you need to save settlers from being sacrificed.

- You can unite or destroy various tribes (like the New Vegas families gimmick) and become High King of Ireland.

That sounds like a really cool idea. I always enjoyed it when bethesda made dlc that added lots of new and refreshing content like new landmasses, gear and npcs. Maybe they should also try making a motorcycle dlc that lets you repair and ride them around, so that you can move around faster without fast traveling everywhere.

Honestly, I could care less about Bethesda's DLC (note:mod)....why?

Because, literally, and I'm not even joking here, almost every single player created "DLC" I have ever played was SO much more fun and engaging..were they perfect in how they were implemented? Maybe not. Maybe they could use some more NPCs, or some more of this or that somewhere..but, in the end..I've played some fantastic DLCs. From Tamriel Rebuilt, to Falskaar, to A World of Pain and many more...

...Players actually care about fun and adventure and actual roleplaying in our games...not giant companies who cater to the dollar. I'll buy Bethesda games, but only for the game engine and platform, the rest is modders. And the best part? They know this. That's why we will always have Beth games because they only have to do part of the work.

So my vote is for the next great mod someone makes on the nexus.

Honestly, I could care less about Bethesda's DLC (note:mod)....why?

Because, literally, and I'm not even joking here, almost every single player created "DLC" I have ever played was SO much more fun and engaging..were they perfect in how they were implemented? Maybe not. Maybe they could use some more NPCs, or some more of this or that somewhere..but, in the end..I've played some fantastic DLCs. From Tamriel Rebuilt, to Falskaar, to A World of Pain and many more...

...Players actually care about fun and adventure and actual roleplaying in our games...not giant companies who cater to the dollar. I'll buy Bethesda games, but only for the game engine and platform, the rest is modders. And the best part? They know this. That's why we will always have Beth games because they only have to do part of the work.

So my vote is for the next great mod someone makes on the nexus.

Beth DLC has always enriched the base games. I mean, modder stuff are always better, but even modders can make use of the huge assets Beth dlcs has to make great things. And if they are not great they are useful. For one DG has made undead slayer build legit and vampires fun, DG had bound dagger, spiders and staff enchanter etc. They also a lot of gear that will really help in some build/themes.

So even if you not buying, doesn't mean modders would not make use of them, at least not heavily the first two years and dlc will come faster than any big quest/land mod. Personally, I like the few good side quests and followers and I would like more.

Edited by Boombro

That's also something I'm really looking forward to. Generally, with almost any game developer that allows for mods, players can make worlds/objects with a better 'atmosphere' than the developer itself (it's the same with The Sims 2/3 furniture and worlds).

But as Boombro said, the DLCs will add new features that modders can exploit. After that, I think the game has a few good years ahead of it with players making new content, including DLC-sized worldspaces with voiced quests and all that. I also can't wait until there are new, more fleshed-out companions (though I wonder how that would be made to work with the new voiced player character system), like Vilja/Inigo/Arissa/Sofia in Skyrim.

After that, I think the game has a few good years ahead of it with players making new content, including DLC-sized worldspaces with voiced quests and all that. I also can't wait until there are new, more fleshed-out companions (though I wonder how that would be made to work with the new voiced player character system), like Vilja/Inigo/Arissa/Sofia in Skyrim.

Here is my answer, you can't make a well done follower with player voice that was made for bits here and there. You have to go voiceless.

I've always wondered how modders would deal with the player voice system if they were making new mods that involved speaking to other characters, like quest or companion mods. You're probably right, players will have to go voiceless unless people are comfortable with having different voice-actors voicing their character. But it would still be very immersion breaking if your character had one voice but then had a different voice whenever they talked to their companion. I wonder if it would be possible if Bethesda could make some sort of voice system that uses the voice of the voice actors so that they could be used by modders to create voiced dialogue that sounds similar to the main character's. But that sounds too complicated to even achieve, so you will probably have to go voiceless.