No Mods,no nothing crash on start

Azrael120782

Within steam you right click on New Vegas then select Properties, then go to Local Files Tab, then there is a Verify Integrity of Cache Files button. Let it run, takes a couple of minutes.

@ drakeelvin, sometimes that doesn't work as the files located on the sever may be corrupted themselves and verifying that cache might be causing more trouble.

@ Azrael120782, have you tried moving your Steam download region to someone else? The reason I'm asking is that sometimes, the server that gets the content may have some files corrupted. I had this issue with F:NV before. Moved onto another region and it worked so maybe something to think about?

@ drakeelvin, sometimes that doesn't work as the files located on the sever may be corrupted themselves and verifying that cache might be causing more trouble.

Somethin tells me that Steam is really screwing somethin up.

@ Azrael120782, have you tried moving your Steam download region to someone else? The reason I'm asking is that sometimes, the server that gets the content may have some files corrupted. I had this issue with F:NV before. Moved onto another region and it worked so maybe something to think about?

I may have to if this keeps up.cause right now its a 60$ paperweight and its not makin me a very happy camper.

Interesting ... I've always used US - Chicago region if that helps. First I've heard that Steam servers would allow corrupted files to be downloaded, only that local Steam files could and do frequently get corrupted and need to be re-downloaded.

This procedure has always worked for me to reduce CTDs when I begin to get lots, not only on startup but in general. I use only about 4 to 6 mods that I require because I'm mostly modding myself and not really playing much apart from testing things. I frequently rearrange my Data folder so I find this invaluable.

Oh well, best of luck. Since there is a big patch coming Monday I'm pretty much leaving NV as is until that gets sorted.

Well hopefully this patch fixes it,cause its getting old fast :( Ive never had this many problems in FO3(unless I have a crapton of enemies onscreen,like MMM adds,the subway) and id only crash then.

Hopefully the next Fallout overhauls the engine and fixes some of these game breakers.