HELP! Sanctuary is under attack

tomomi1922

@ tomomi1922

Yup, you've got it. And no, a synth with wiped out old memories and uploaded data of his new past doesn't know that he is a synth and would be shocked to get informed about it. So, a spying synth not only must know his true existence but he should be in regular contact with the SRB as well. Up to now and at level 84 I haven't yet seen a 'settler' in the SRB for a report nor any bits of paper in the loot of a dead synth settler, let alone any information in the databank of the Institute. Guess we see gunfights between human and single synth settlers that apparently ain't 'networked' simply because they slightly differ in the mind (the way they understand work, duty etc) from their human counterpart. I could be wrong though, who knows, aside from Bethesda I mean.

Edited by Jasemyne

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI I use Settlement Aid Program http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7342/? in the simplest mode, Craft the glasses and wear them... all Synth Spies have an eerie Purple Glow... Provisioners and Unassigned Settlers Glow Blue. (Don't kill them!!!) Oh and don't just kill the Synth Spies either, your Settlers AND Followers will turn on you or their Affinity will drop. Dismiss followers, save game, use a Silenced Gauss Rifle, Stealth and kill them at range. Go collect loot... if you find a Synth Component there, then you got it right.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm just itching for Sanctuary to be attacked. I've surrounded the entire settlement by a steel fence. The only two entrances are guarded by laser tripwires connected to sirens and a large array of tesla coils and missile turrets. I'm curious to see how an attack will eventuate now.

Sounds like a great plan...right up until attackers spawn inside your buildings to begin with (and they can).

Exactly how are sirens supposed to be used? Do they provide any real advantage? Every attack I've had the settlers all come a-runnin' anyway. Seeing as how I tend to let them have miniguns, attackers don't have a whole lot of luck (especially when combined with all the turrets). The way I have my turrets set up any way someone comes in or spawns in they're very likely to be covered by at least three turrets.

Don't need no fences or walls, unless you count a wall of lead.

Fencing off all my settlements is working very effectively :) There's still a slight risk to synth doppelgangers, but they generally attack from outside my gates which makes them easy targets for the few missile turrets that protect the entrances. All other enemies approach from outside the perimeter and never make it into the settlements, they also get picked off by the turrets easily.

When I did the quest to defend the Castle against the Institute, we fought off the synths and Coursers, then about 12 of my settlers attacked us as well. Once we killed them all, I noticed that they all had 1 synth item. I didn't know about the infiltrators.

I'm up to level 61 and (as far as I know) Sanctuary has only been attacked once. I've got no walls around it, just turrets by the bridge and on the upper level of a house/workshop that I built at the back of Sanctuary.