Tutorial: Softening Leliana In Your Save Game (In HEX! It's Easy!)

flairtorc

Hello, i've done everything right, step by step, but when i load the save (in main hall, after defeating cory) and go for the "credits" Leliana still hardened. The ending of softened Leliana must say:

• She meets with their leaders, urging unity. Miraculously her words take root, and - for now - the Chantry remains strong.

But in my case it says:

• Her response is as swift as it is deadly, unity is maintained, but blood runs through the halls of the Grand Cathedral.

i checked the values that i changed with DAISaveEditor and nothing is wrong.. The two values that need to be FALSE are FALSE, and the other values that need to be TRUE are TRUE. I think if i hade done Block Left Shift wrong my save would not be loaded.

Please, i need help :sad:

You did all 3 events right? Modded in the missed one at Haven, and did the event in Skyhold, and ended her personal quest correctly? Right? I look there first because you might be the first one to tell me this hasn't worked.

What u mean "modded in the missed one at Haven"? The event at Skyhold im pretty sure that I did (i love leliana and checked for new conversations literally all the time). I did her personal quest (and killed Natalie).

I need to install a Mod? is it? Im bit confused

Also, sorry for my english, my primary language isn't English (I speak portuguese)

No No, what I mean is, in order for Leliana to not go overboard, you have to do my guide to mod your save file to make it so you didn't miss the Haven event. Then you have to have her second event, where if memory serves you tell her to not kill people or something along those lines (she sure likes killin in this game) in Skyhold, then her personal quest, which is the final one where you have to tell her to not kill.... whoever that one person is, been a long time once again. If all three events are done properly, she should not be hardened. Nothing in Origins or DA2 affects the outcome of whether or not she is hardened in this game (Which makes no sense). In the third event did you allow her to kill a person? Also, you don't need any mods installed. And I forgot to say earlier, but if you hadn't block shifted correctly, your save simply would have not loaded, so you did that part correctly.

So u are telling me that I need to do certain choices to make Leliana Softened even with this tutorial? Im not sure if I missed the event at Haven (so probably i missed). The other 2 events that you mentioned i didn't missed, but my choices contribut for her go hardened. Anyway, i followed ur tutorial, as I said, step by step. All hex were properly replaced. I rly done everything right. In DAIsaveEditor the replaced hex appear properly with their matching values (true or false). My class is Warrior (on both games) so i choose the mage hex and for romances I choose the non-romanced ones (just like u said).

So, if there is a problem, im sure that isn't in my modified save data.

EDIT1: U said that for this tutorial work i need to do it before Leliana is completely hardened, so it doens't work when we are on Main Hall, after defeating Cory?? I need to do it before cory fight??

Edited by cc4l332

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! After 77 hours of Inquisition only to realise that because of this vague/ strange game story design I have to replay everything was just too much, I though I was going to drop the game after such an "F*** you*. Everything worked! Also, my situation was that, I let her kill on the first encounter, don't really remember the second, but probably made the "right" descition and my save was just before the Leleana personal quest. Great fix, the people who made this possible are awesome!

Edited by TREMEREBLOOD

• 1 month later...

the save files get corrupted afterr I replace the original save with the modified one :/ how to fix this?

If your save file got corrupted, then you may have made a mistake with block shifting left. It has to be the exact same amount of times as you block shifted right, or you will get a corrupted save message.

Hello, i've done everything right, step by step, but when i load the save (in main hall, after defeating cory) and go for the "credits" Leliana still hardened. The ending of softened Leliana must say:

• She meets with their leaders, urging unity. Miraculously her words take root, and - for now - the Chantry remains strong.

But in my case it says:

• Her response is as swift as it is deadly, unity is maintained, but blood runs through the halls of the Grand Cathedral.

i checked the values that i changed with DAISaveEditor and nothing is wrong.. The two values that need to be FALSE are FALSE, and the other values that need to be TRUE are TRUE. I think if i hade done Block Left Shift wrong my save would not be loaded.

Please, i need help :sad:

You did all 3 events right? Modded in the missed one at Haven, and did the event in Skyhold, and ended her personal quest correctly? Right? I look there first because you might be the first one to tell me this hasn't worked.

What u mean "modded in the missed one at Haven"? The event at Skyhold im pretty sure that I did (i love leliana and checked for new conversations literally all the time). I did her personal quest (and killed Natalie).

I need to install a Mod? is it? Im bit confused

Also, sorry for my english, my primary language isn't English (I speak portuguese)

No No, what I mean is, in order for Leliana to not go overboard, you have to do my guide to mod your save file to make it so you didn't miss the Haven event. Then you have to have her second event, where if memory serves you tell her to not kill people or something along those lines (she sure likes killin in this game) in Skyhold, then her personal quest, which is the final one where you have to tell her to not kill.... whoever that one person is, been a long time once again. If all three events are done properly, she should not be hardened. Nothing in Origins or DA2 affects the outcome of whether or not she is hardened in this game (Which makes no sense). In the third event did you allow her to kill a person? Also, you don't need any mods installed. And I forgot to say earlier, but if you hadn't block shifted correctly, your save simply would have not loaded, so you did that part correctly.

So u are telling me that I need to do certain choices to make Leliana Softened even with this tutorial? Im not sure if I missed the event at Haven (so probably i missed). The other 2 events that you mentioned i didn't missed, but my choices contribut for her go hardened. Anyway, i followed ur tutorial, as I said, step by step. All hex were properly replaced. I rly done everything right. In DAIsaveEditor the replaced hex appear properly with their matching values (true or false). My class is Warrior (on both games) so i choose the mage hex and for romances I choose the non-romanced ones (just like u said).

So, if there is a problem, im sure that isn't in my modified save data.

EDIT1: U said that for this tutorial work i need to do it before Leliana is completely hardened, so it doens't work when we are on Main Hall, after defeating Cory?? I need to do it before cory fight??

Sorry it took me a bit to get back, I didn't see my alert for this. In order to get the softened Liliana ending, you have to not kill Natalie. My guide exists because if you missed or did any of the previous event incorrectly, even if you told her not to kill Natalie, she would anyways. So basically what I am saying is, depending upon how far back the Natalie encounter was, you need to either redo that, and tell her, after doing my guide, to not kill Natalie. Killing Natalie hardens Liliana. Otherwise, you can open the DAI save editor, and find the plot flag detailing if Leliana kills Natalie, and swap it to false, or true, depending upon which value means she didn't kill Natalie. In order to get the softened ending, all 3 of these values must dictate that she basically doesn't do anything stabby stabby.

So I grabbed my four false strings from the editor but all four of them throw a "The specified search string was not found" in the Hex Workshop. I know I've encountered the first two scenes but I botched the first one. I'm not far enough in the game to have seen the third or fourth though. I tried searching the fixed strings in both the save editor and Hex but they don't come up in either. What am I doing wrong?

6FD01163BF71374DBC977FA355D801D7,BOOL,DAO/Class/Rogue?0A1A5BF0A764264EB067A4F6E3BD016A,BOOL,DAO/Romance/Morrigan?3BC3E7F9CB37F54E9002A2F89AB9016A,BOOL,DAO/Romance/Zevran?F12631D0508FE54ABA1EB6F3683A01E0,BOOL,DAO/Romance/Alistair?

I'm just not getting there. None of the values are even shown in my save file (the false ones in question). Nearly certain that plot points for soften are perfect except i remained silent when the order to kill the guy happened.

My save is standing in front of Varric in Skyhold, having just talked to Leliana about going on her mission (i tried and she kills Nat). Warrior here that romanced Morrigan ogirinally in DAO.

Instructions are confusing for me. Says this is the method is I missed the event altogether (which im pretty sure i didnt, i remember telling her the men weren't expendable, etc) but none of the 4 target CE0123... etc are listed in my save file (if i missed the event, instructions say it should appear and be false yes? But they dont appear at all in my save file list opened by save editor). If i had to guess at understanding, maybe its the case that you dont mean missed event to be false, but rather a missed event wont show at all, and that false represents not missing it, but rather not giving the ideal answer?

Either way, im stuck. Any chance at some help? Playing Warrior who romanced Morrigan in DAO. Save is here (have the hex and save editor). Tossed save in my public dropbox if you are able to take a look

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdnaqrgy13gtv9x/DAISAVEU0686B162AF2.DAS?dl=0

So I grabbed my four false strings from the editor but all four of them throw a "The specified search string was not found" in the Hex Workshop. I know I've encountered the first two scenes but I botched the first one. I'm not far enough in the game to have seen the third or fourth though. I tried searching the fixed strings in both the save editor and Hex but they don't come up in either. What am I doing wrong?

6FD01163BF71374DBC977FA355D801D7,BOOL,DAO/Class/Rogue?0A1A5BF0A764264EB067A4F6E3BD016A,BOOL,DAO/Romance/Morrigan?3BC3E7F9CB37F54E9002A2F89AB9016A,BOOL,DAO/Romance/Zevran?F12631D0508FE54ABA1EB6F3683A01E0,BOOL,DAO/Romance/Alistair?

What do you mean you encountered the first two scenes? If you have encountered both the Haven scene with the betrayer, and the Skyhold scene with.... other stuff I don't remember, you should just be able to find those values in your save and turn them to true/false depending upon the ending bits of my guide. Also, if you cannot find any of the stuff in your save from hex workshop, either you aren't searching from the beginning of the file, or you haven't block shifted right enough yet o:

I'm just not getting there. None of the values are even shown in my save file (the false ones in question). Nearly certain that plot points for soften are perfect except i remained silent when the order to kill the guy happened.

My save is standing in front of Varric in Skyhold, having just talked to Leliana about going on her mission (i tried and she kills Nat). Warrior here that romanced Morrigan ogirinally in DAO.

Instructions are confusing for me. Says this is the method is I missed the event altogether (which im pretty sure i didnt, i remember telling her the men weren't expendable, etc) but none of the 4 target CE0123... etc are listed in my save file (if i missed the event, instructions say it should appear and be false yes? But they dont appear at all in my save file list opened by save editor). If i had to guess at understanding, maybe its the case that you dont mean missed event to be false, but rather a missed event wont show at all, and that false represents not missing it, but rather not giving the ideal answer?

Either way, im stuck. Any chance at some help? Playing Warrior who romanced Morrigan in DAO. Save is here (have the hex and save editor). Tossed save in my public dropbox if you are able to take a look

I might take a gander at your save file. I just don't want to promote myself as someone who just takes saves and fixes them(bad precedent). So lemme try to understand your exact issue. So what you're saying is, is that none of the events can be located using the save tool linked in the guide?

Just spent a few minutes looking at your save. Yeah, you have none of these values. That this means to me is you'll have to add ALL four values and give them the correct value. Just don't pick anything from the values of before that are set to true as said in the instructions. you should have 5 values to choose from for replacing.

What do you mean you encountered the first two scenes? If you have encountered both the Haven scene with the betrayer, and the Skyhold scene with.... other stuff I don't remember, you should just be able to find those values in your save and turn them to true/false depending upon the ending bits of my guide. Also, if you cannot find any of the stuff in your save from hex workshop, either you aren't searching from the beginning of the file, or you haven't block shifted right enough yet o:

I mean that the first two scenes have played out in my game however I can't find them in the DAI Save Editor. None of the four strings I listed above that were provided in your guide come up in it. It just says "Cannot find plot flag" but I distinctly remember both scenes and not picking the right option in the first one.

I might take a gander at your save file. I just don't want to promote myself as someone who just takes saves and fixes them(bad precedent). So lemme try to understand your exact issue. So what you're saying is, is that none of the events can be located using the save tool linked in the guide?

Just spent a few minutes looking at your save. Yeah, you have none of these values. That this means to me is you'll have to add ALL four values and give them the correct value. Just don't pick anything from the values of before that are set to true as said in the instructions. you should have 5 values to choose from for replacing.

Correct. None of the Hex strings the guide indicated were located in save when looking via the save editor. I searched both via paste and just scrolling to the appropriate spot (the save editor lists the bool's in order). I might be missing something (its unclear what saves will work, e.g. at what point I should be at, but i got the impression that any point after all the conversations but before the Natalie mission was good, and im exactly seconds away from traveling to the natalie mission (already accepted it, so its on the map)).

Question (and thanks for the assist), is there a known reason why I wouldn't have those values (digi delux version, nothing fancy)? I went through these events:

-Offer sympathy when she is praying in haven

-Stayed silent in haven when she was talking about killing tratior (this one i should have saved him)

-In skyhold told her men are not dispensable and that she did everything right.

Currently at the natalie part.

Seems very very odd that these three events are missing from the save when they should at least be false (or should be true/false/true insomuch as 'were completed to specification to soften'). Any clue? Based on the guide you wrote and peoples response, these values were present, but none one mentions at what point they are in game when they successfully edit the hex. Wondering if i should complete the Natalie mission (thus making her hardened and maybe my save will have those lines to edit instead of add)?

Correct. None of the Hex strings the guide indicated were located in save when looking via the save editor. I searched both via paste and just scrolling to the appropriate spot (the save editor lists the bool's in order). I might be missing something (its unclear what saves will work, e.g. at what point I should be at, but i got the impression that any point after all the conversations but before the Natalie mission was good, and im exactly seconds away from traveling to the natalie mission (already accepted it, so its on the map)).

Question (and thanks for the assist), is there a known reason why I wouldn't have those values (digi delux version, nothing fancy)? I went through these events:

-Offer sympathy when she is praying in haven

-Stayed silent in haven when she was talking about killing tratior (this one i should have saved him)

-In skyhold told her men are not dispensable and that she did everything right.

Currently at the natalie part.

Seems very very odd that these three events are missing from the save when they should at least be false (or should be true/false/true insomuch as 'were completed to specification to soften'). Any clue? Based on the guide you wrote and peoples response, these values were present, but none one mentions at what point they are in game when they successfully edit the hex. Wondering if i should complete the Natalie mission (thus making her hardened and maybe my save will have those lines to edit instead of add)?

Actually, scratch this. I think im just going to finish and chalk it up to bad story design (getting locked to a result 90+ hours by seemingly innocuous choice in the first 1-2 hours). Thanks for taking a look though.