Skyrim's Silver Dragon

AurianaValoria1

I don't know if anyone else has pointed it out (maybe I'm paying way too close attention to this :blush: ), but there are several little changes to the usual Imperial Dragon, as seen in the trailer and on wallpapers.

The diamond above the dragon's head is missing.

The bottom right wingtip (left, if you're the dragon) is broken off as well.

Your thoughts? I have my own theories, but I'd like to know yours. :happy:

I've always thought that the diamond shape above the dragon refers to the red diamond in the Amulet of Kings, since the diamond is missing in various Skyrim-related media this may refer to the fall of the Empire and the destruction of the Amulet during the events of TES IV: Oblivion.

The broken wingtip may symbolize the anarchy and chaos following the fall of the Empire as well.

I agree with you about the diamond above the dragon. As for the broken wingtip, Genocide, I think that is a good assumption. It may also be that it is representing Alduin so not to confuse with Akatosh and the complete dragon. That is what I first thought when I doubled checked the pics together.

I agree concerning the diamond, Genocide and Lord Wushin. It may even mean that the Nine will not be present in Skyrim, as the red diamond is also their symbol (KotN).

About the wingtip...perhaps it is an allusion to a "dragon break?" http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dragon_Break

Just a thought. :tongue:

A Dragon Break, yes. Hadn't thought of that...surely the events of Skyrim might be of such cataclysmic proportions that they could be classified as a Dragon Break, much like the other events listed in the article. :thumbsup:

A Dragon Break, yes. Hadn't thought of that...surely the events of Skyrim might be of such cataclysmic proportions that they could be classified as a Dragon Break, much like the other events listed in the article. :thumbsup:

The emergence of Alduin would definitely be a "dragon break"...literally! :tongue:

On a side note, I wonder if we'll find out if Alduin is the dark side of Akatosh's split personality, or if he is a separate entity entirely.

Talk about the Statue of Akatosh being major foreshadowing...

I don't see how Alduin returning could be considered a "dragon break". Atleast not as it is defined in the article. Even the god of time coming to destroy the world wouldn't qualify unless he did something other than to destroy the world in it's usual sense.

I like the idea that it is to distinguish that symbol from the one that represents Akatosh better.