Qarl's Texture Pack Not Working

Zerotix

Unfortunately I don't know how to do each of those. I'll start looking in the wiki to see if I can get it, but I think I'll mess something up.

Do you guys think it could be the copy of the game I have? I bought the GOTY edition, which had the 1.2.0416 patch pre-installed. I dunno...spitballing xD

Wait. Now that's the easies part. Like QTP3 is the easiest form of a mod... replacing existing Oblivion files.

The data structure I was talking about is in your E:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Textures\architecture\Anvil.

Does it exist?

Does it have at least 97 files (all ending on .dds)?

Zerotix, I was re-reading the other thread and realized I had not focused enough on an odd remark you made there. I had forgotten that you said this: "It seems that the textures WANT to load but can't. If you look at my first picture you can see what I mean. Little boxes come up and it's as if the texture is being stretched out or something. I don't know what's going on."

These are little boxes you see in the game and they stretch out ? I saw something very small sticking up from the ground in post 29 but I can't really make out what it is. Is that one of the little boxes? The little upright rectangle near the center there? I see a kind of pink smear next to it when I blow it up, but that might be a .jpg artifact.

Sorry Fore I didnt see the 10th post. Anything to do with Wrye Bash I'm not familiar with yet.

And I'm not sure, I think it's part of the bush, but I could be wrong. The textures look like little boxes, it's hard to describe haha. It almost looks like some jumbled up the textures where theyre supposed to be.

And with a fresh install, I dont have that folder.

You're good then. I was worried whether texture mods are possible with those encrypted versions because I believe the bsas of those are encrypted.

Do you have your graphics card software (Catalyst?) set not to allow Oblivion to control the settings? You do not want to let Oblivion control the settings.

It sounds like right now you do not have Qarl's installed anymore. Leave your character by any wooden bridge that has rocks and sand near it like the one near the sewer. Take a screenshot fairly close up so you have a fairly close shot of the textures. Save and quit to desktop. Put in Archive Invalidation Invalidated, paste that stuff into the ini that Hickory posted, then install Qarl's, and check Oblivion\Data\Textures\Architecture|Anvil. Make sure the Anvil one has a lot of files in there. If it does, go to your graphics software, enable anti-aliasing. Yes you can use that with HDR, just has to be in forced by your graphics software. You might want to enable AF also, it will make the appearance slightly better. I'd use the lowest settings there to start with. Don't forget to use TES4LODGen to get proper LODs. Now log onto game, make new screenshot in same place. Compare. Look at rocks, wood grain, pebbles, and leaves especially. Doors into cities should also change a lot.

There are before and after animations here: http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/totoworld.html

If you use Redimized it should look pretty close but maybe a slightly noticeable difference If you get the jumbled boxy textures again, please post a closeup of the jumbled effect.