Could use an experienced user opinion on my completed mod list

h4xkthx

Greetings everyone, I played Oblivion on the xbox 360 back in the days because my computer couldn't handle the game. I recently purchased a new PC and I decided to give Oblivion a try, using mods. After a good 10ish hours of reading various guides, browsing tesnexus and downloading mods, I think I'm done. The game runs fine, and I made .omod's out of everything I downloaded. My english isn't very good so I'll use a list format to ask my questions:

1) I used BOSS to sort the esp's for me, would you guys be kind enough to let me know if some mods should be re-arranged? I included a screenshot of my OMM window.

2) Is there any incompatibilities that I might encounter later with my mods? I think the only "trouble makers" might be OOO and UL, although everything seems fine so far.

3) Am I using any outdated mods?? Am I using a mod that could be replaced by a better version of something similar?? (please note I'm only using natural habitats from the natural environ

4) I have 2 esm's named "Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul", is that normal??! I download a version called 1.33 complete, should I uninstall it and install 1.30 + 1.32 patch then 1.33 patch individually?

5) Is there a mod that would add a permanent fog without screwing up the weather mod?? I get great FPS most of the time even with all the installed mods but I think it would help smooth things out.

6) Lastly, is there anything I should add? I mostly wanted a better looking (Qarl, improved xxx series, LOD, RAEVWD, better looking characters, etc.), a more immersive (Natural Habitat, weather, bigger trees, unique landscapes, etc.) oblivion. My main goal is to make sure everything works fine together, AND I wanted to play using OOO and the XP mod but I don't want to go overboard with that type of mods, since I'm pretty sure my compatibility would go down the drain if I add another OOO type mod anyway. Please list any suggestions!

http://i.imgur.com/YduuB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LtUuw.jpg

Edited by h4xkthx

My bad about OOO, I just noticed that one is .esm and the other is a .esp. I also deactivated EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer per BOSS's suggestion, even though I thought it was needed as a base for the OOO version to work. Is it safe to uninstall completely from my omods? Edited by h4xkthx

I Noticed your using Enhanced Water.

I have made a water mod called Realistic Water. As well as making the water look way better it also makes it dynamic, which means the water will change deppending on the time of day, current weather, current location and some other variables.

Personaly i think it looks better than enhanced water but thats just my opinion

I Noticed your using Enhanced Water.

I have made a water mod called Realistic Water. As well as making the water look way better it also makes it dynamic, which means the water will change deppending on the time of day, current weather, current location and some other variables.

Personaly i think it looks better than enhanced water but thats just my opinion

Thanks, my water mod was one of the things I was considering changing; I used this one because it was recommended to me, but I hadn't looked around much :)

After playing for a few hours with the mods listed above, everything works fine. Here are the only things I'm missing:

A way to add a permanent fog, compatible with all my mods. I turned all the options from RAEVWD on, and I get some slowdowns unless I edit the oblivion.ini to reduce the view distance and tree distance a bit. I like this better than viewing further away with fewer visible objects, but if I could have a fog mod to "cover up" the reduced view distance, things would be perfect.

I'm not sure if that's possible, but I'd like a mod to remove tree pop-in when they go from distant 2d tree -> low LOD 3d -> high LOD 3d. I edited the option to force 3d trees to use full LOD in the oblivion.ini but the performance hit was too big in forests. The 2d to 3d pop-in is the worse though, by far.

This is from the Enhanced Vegetation description:

"You can use any plugin + texturepack combination. Just pick one plugin and one texture pack - having more than one of either is pointless, because they overwrite/conflict with each other. It is also possible to use the textures or plugins on their own, but it is not recommended - they are made to work together."

You seem to have both High Res and Normal Res Textures. This could be causing your tree problems. Pick one.

You're right, I thought I needed the normal version and then install the high-res version somehow, I must've confused it with another mod. I deleted the normal res. version, I'm pretty sure there was no conflicts since I pretty much only installed new meshes and textures over the normal resolution ones but my OMM is cleaner now :)

Is there really no fog mod though? I'd like something like this, but in this one the fog is way too close. The mod would also have to work with All Natural, my weather mod. Alternatively, is there a way to edit all natural to add a minimum fog value??

Is there really no fog mod though? I'd like something like this, but in this one the fog is way too close. The mod would also have to work with All Natural, my weather mod. Alternatively, is there a way to edit all natural to add a minimum fog value??

Sounds like you've never cracked open AN's .ini. In addition to a ton of customization options, fog distance values can be adjusted too. Take a look inside, there are recommended settings for you to tryout.

Edited by omeletted

Edit: Good god I'm stupid, I just noticed I have to enable another setting in the .ini for the fog changes to happen. Works like a charm, thanks again!

Thanks for the answer, and sorry for the cross-post ( I saw your post in the mod comment section). Could you tell me where the .ini file is supposed to be? It's currently in Oblivion/Data/ini, I edit the fog settings but nothing happens. I tried to disable and re-enable the .esp but nothing works.

Edited by h4xkthx