Morrowind Collector's Edition - question/concerns

Ekees

Just bought an allegedly unopened copy of Morrowind Collector's Edition. Box was not in good shape (manhandled), and it has a lot of edgewear, but the seals seemed intact.

However, what has me concerned is what I hear when I rotate the box a bit, like a seesaw. Everything inside is sliding around. I don't have a lot of these special editions for other games (World of Warcraft & StarCraft II) but in those I see everything neatly held in place in a trays/pockets. Since there's supposed to be a small metal figure in the box among other things, I'm a bit surprised.

May I have confirmation from a fellow fan that the Morrowind Collector's Edition content shipped with its contents loose within the box? There was no tray holding everything in place?

I've googled for this info using a combination of terms below but I'm not finding info to answer this question.

example terms: Morrowind, Collector's, box, contents, unboxing, inside, loose, tray, opened

Thank you.

If it came in a regular paperboard box, perhaps the discs are in those paper sleeves that they tend to use. If such is the case, then they could possibly be undamaged despite the fact that you can hear them moving around. This was the case when I bought the GOTY version originally, though (following a robbery) when I bought it the second time it was packaged in a very nice four-segment plastic jewel case.

If it came in a regular paperboard box, perhaps the discs are in those paper sleeves that they tend to use. If such is the case, then they could possibly be undamaged despite the fact that you can hear them moving around. This was the case when I bought the GOTY version originally, though (following a robbery) when I bought it the second time it was packaged in a very nice four-segment plastic jewel case.

Thank you for the reply.

It is a regular paperboard box, in fact. I have linked photos below. I can tell that the front side of the box is reinforced internally, likely some cardboard, but the rear side of the box does not seem to have this, which likely explains the caved-in condition.

I had posted this topic at the official forums also but it looks like this is scarce information despite all the other info known about this version of the product.

My haste in finding an answer to this question has to do with how long I have before I can dispute the purchase as being a fraudulent sale in the event that the contents were pilfered.

http://i51.tinypic.com/t8tgn4.png

http://i56.tinypic.com/2mee4nl.png

I see from the pics why you're concerned; it definitely looks like it's seen better times.

It's a shame that you can't open it to check since most vendors won't accept a software return if the seal has been broken.

Airport x-ray perhaps?

It's a shame they don't use those jewel cases more often, the cheap sonuvaguns.

Sorry I can't be more helpful...

I bought one of these too from Ebay a few weeks ago, it was also still sealed and the box was like new.

The contents are indeed loose in the box, in a cardboard inner tray.

The Ordinator figurine comes in a little cardboard box and discs in a dual disc jewel case.

I bought one of these too from Ebay a few weeks ago, it was also still sealed and the box was like new.

The contents are indeed loose in the box, in a cardboard inner tray.

The Ordinator figurine comes in a little cardboard box and discs in a dual disc jewel case.

@Xenius

THANK YOU! :D Kudos all around!

That's exactly what I needed!

Since I had so much trouble trying to locate an unboxing video, I'll film one when I open this box, as ugly as the box is. If the contents are sound, I will post it if for nothing else other than filling a gap in information.

@Herculine - no worry, I appreciate the replies. X-ray did cross my mind but I think my doctor would just look at me funny. :turned: I can't even imagine what the TSA might do.

Edited by Ekees