ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Dialogue flashes too quickly to read

Shapoopy178

Does anyone have or know of a mod that simply makes dialogue added by a mod stay on screen longer? For me it flashes for maybe 2-3 seconds and goes to the next frame, and anything important in the conversation is totally lost. Any help?

You might try Elys' Universal Silent Voice mod:

This OBSE plugin makes Oblivion:

- plays a 8 seconds duration silent voice for any missing voice file.

- uses generic lips moves for 8 seconds for any missing lip synchronization file.

- If the subtitles are turned off, Elys_USV will force display subtitles for missing voice files.

- You will have up to 8 seconds to read long subtitles when there is no voice existing for an Oblivion plugin.

EDIT: JCP768 beat me to it! I'll still leave the link & info, though.

• 6 months later...

Elys works for most if not all my mods, but will not work it seems for Saphiria's Romance. It has very important dialogue that I am missing due to it disappears in seconds before I am able to read it, however it does include voice acting if you rename the file in construction set, but I don't sprechen sie Deutsch.

Is there a way to get Elys to work for this, or just pause the game screen or something with dialogue intact?

Appended: I have just been taking screenshots after each dialogue comment, but that is no way to play a game.

Edited by Timber57

If you have one particular mod you want silent dialog files for, you can use TES4Gecko to create them, just like a mod builder would do when preparing the silent dialog files when getting ready to package and upload a mod. It is fast, easy, and automatic.

If you have one particular mod you want silent dialog files for, you can use TES4Gecko to create them, just like a mod builder would do when preparing the silent dialog files when getting ready to package and upload a mod. It is fast, easy, and automatic.

The dialogue files are there, problem is, they play so fast you don't have time to read the entirety. Ely's Universal Silent Voice is suppose to make them play for at least 8 seconds, but it does not work for the mod Saphiria's Romance.