Outfit Studio/Texture browsing

Deleted4363562User

What version of Outfit Studio are you running ? I think the latest build supports 'loose' material files (ones outside an archive). Also, you can edit your nif to NOT use a material file and instead just update the nifs texture paths. Maybe you'd have better luck that way while working in Outfit Studio.

I have the latest version of OS. 1.3c. I read that they support loose files now as well. I have no trouble getting loose files to show up normally. It's gotta be something I did, cause when I open Elianora's stuff in there, the textures show up. But like I said, it seems like everything I did in NifSkope to my nif was correct. All the textures show up fine there.

I honestly don't understand the purpose of Materials vs Textures. Some people have told me that not utilizing the Materials tends to make things less stable.

I figured it out. OS always looks for the Texture directory within the FO4 directory. I had my assets in a folder on my desktop...yeah. So I packed them into a zip and stuck'em in NMM. I ran OS and now the textures show up when I load the nif. I figured that out by right clicking on the shape in the shape menu on the right, then going to properties and I saw the main search path went to the steam directory.

I figured OS would've found the textures via the automatic search, since other nifs seemed to work from the desktop. I couldn't tell you why those did and mine didn't.