Game crashes after editing "Fallout4Custom.ini"

Ihlgigaris

I can access the main screen and select my save game, but as soon as it finishes loading it immediately crashes. If I remove the edit to "Fallout4Custom.ini" the game will load normally and I can play, but some of my mods will not work. Is there any particular information you'd like to help figure this out? I'm totally new to PC gaming and modding, so please let me know what info you would like to get a better understanding of what's happening.

I think I know the problem, had the same issue myself. Likely one of the additions you made to your ini was the "invalidateolderfiles" thing, right ? Well, what that does is allow the game to load loose files. And its likely one or more of the mods you use involve textures, correct ? Well, for whatever reason (not sure exactly the format) the new patch will cause your game to crash if it tries to load textures that have formatting issues. Just a few examples that have been confirmed by multiple people are enhanced blood textures, settlement flag retextures and laser beam retextures. You might look into this. I'm sure the mod authors of the few files causing crashes either have updated their mods or are working on updating them, so maybe a simple update on your end is all that is needed. Again, not sure but you might look into that.

@brokefoot

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried deactivating all texture mods and trying again, but it ended in the same result. I enabled all update notifications and will be keeping a closer watch. If I enable all of my texture mods and get rid of the edits to the Fallout4Custom.ini file, everything loads again and I can play, but with fewer mods (as per the original post). I'll keep watch for possible texture updates.

Hello there. So, I uninstalled and deleted EVERYTHING. Totally wiped the existence of Fallout 4 from my computer. With an entirely vanilla game, no CTD. If I have the Fallout4Custom.ini with the instructed mod enabling lines on the Nexus page - http://wiki.tesnexus...od_Installation - with NOT EVEN ANY MODS INSTALLED - I get CTD on pod exit in the Vault. I get CTD here there and everywhere. This is not good. So I either play with no mods, or I can't play at all. Anyone that figures out how to fix this, please PM ME! I am a mod author and cannot even work on my own mod.