Console Commands?

Blargby

I'd like to start by pointing out that I have no experience whatsoever with modding or coding. I have negative experience. Reading some of these topics feels like looking at Sanskrit for me. So if I'm ignorant on certain points, I beg your patience.

Anyways, is it known if XCOM 2 has console commands or a developer shell like the last one? If there is, when can I expect someone to post a way to activate it? My next mission is a terror mission and I HATE them.

Use -allowconsole -log -autodebug on a shortcut target and then \ to open the console (UK keyboard)

Many of the original XCOM commands appear to still work, many are broken -

The main one for me is "slomo #" - typing in 'slomo 2' will double the animation speed. I'm finding that helps offset the subpar FPS.

Currently figuring out how to bind them to a key.

E:

Can confirm that adding (noting the removal of periods at the start of the lines) -

Bindings=(Name="NormalMotion",Command="slomo 1 | SetBind F FastMotion")
Bindings=(Name="FastMotion",Command="slomo 2 | SetBind F NormalMotion")
Bindings=(Name="F", Command="FastMotion")

to Steam\SteamApps\common\XCOM 2\Engine\Config\BaseInput.ini

allows F to up the animation speed only in the menu. I've been trying many different keys and the all seem to have no effect in-game. I'm assuming is something somewhere else consuming the input.

Edited by glutamate

Use -allowconsole -log -autodebug on a shortcut target and then \ to open the console (UK keyboard)
Many of the original XCOM commands appear to still work, many are broken -
The main one for me is "slomo #" - typing in 'slomo 2' will double the animation speed. I'm finding that helps offset the subpar FPS.
Currently figuring out how to bind them to a key.
E:
Can confirm that adding (noting the removal of periods at the start of the lines) -
Bindings=(Name="NormalMotion",Command="slomo 1 | SetBind F FastMotion")
Bindings=(Name="FastMotion",Command="slomo 2 | SetBind F NormalMotion")
Bindings=(Name="F", Command="FastMotion")
to Steam\SteamApps\common\XCOM 2\Engine\Config\BaseInput.ini
allows F to up the animation speed only in the menu. I've been trying many different keys and the all seem to have no effect in-game. I'm assuming is something somewhere else consuming the input.

What is the purpose of "-log" and "-autodebug". Is there a documentation somewhere for launch options?

Wonderful :smile:

"-log" switch used to open an additional window with log output, that can be ALT+TAB to without closing the game and checking Launch.log.

What is written in the log could be set in Base or DefaultEngine.ini by commenting a line with semicolon. My XCOM 2 is still downloading :smile:

; Engine internals
+Suppress=AI
+Suppress=AIWave
+Suppress=DevAbsorbFuncs
;-Suppress=DevAnim
+Suppress=DevAudio
+Suppress=DevAudioVerbose
+Suppress=DevCollision
;-Suppress=DevConfig
-Suppress=DevDLC
+Suppress=DevGFxUI
+Suppress=DevHDDCaching
-Suppress=DevHTTP
;-Suppress=DevLoad
+Suppress=DevMatinee
-Suppress=DevMCP
;+Suppress=DevMemory
-Suppress=DevMovie
+Suppress=DevNetTraffic
+Suppress=DevNet
+Suppress=DevOnline
+Suppress=DevPath
+Suppress=DevSave
+Suppress=DevShadersDetailed
+Suppress=DevShaders
;-Suppress=DevSound
+Suppress=DevState
+Suppress=DevStreaming
+Suppress=KismetWarning
+Suppress=PerfWarning
+Suppress=Rand
-Suppress=DevSHA
+Suppress=Hack

Edited by Drakous79

Thanks, @Drakous79.

@glutmate Those options seems to have nothing to do with autocompletion (at least that is what UDK docs sad about them).

• AUTODEBUG: Perform auto debugging. Attach the UnrealScript debugger and break at the first bytecode encountered.
  • LOG: When used as a switch (-log), opens a seperate window to display the contents of the log in real time. When used as a setting (LOG=filename.log), tells the engine to use the log filename of the string which immediately follows.

More command line arguments and their descriptions can found here: https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/CommandLineArguments.html

You can also find console command by looking through the source code, in XComCheatManager.uc, XComTacticalCheatManager.uc, and XComHeadquartersCheatManager.uc.

My favorite so far is \AllowFancyCameraStuff -- this allows MMouse camera yaw/pitch control.