Patroling Horsemen!

Akkikiri

So, I just did this tutorial...

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Basic_NPC_Patrols_Tutorial

It works fine. :thumbsup: But now, I'm trying to expand, and it's not working. I want to put horsemen on the roads (for a few reasons, few of them very pleasant :devil: ) but now the patroling is just too confusing. The tutorial doesn't cover horses, so there was a lot of guesswork, and some of the stuff that worked indoors doesn't seem to outside (like me placing him at one point in CS, and him turning up in another without his horse and never moving). Any help? :( Pretty please? Thanks a million!

Try taking a look at some of the mounted imperial legionnaires from the game. You'll see that their patrolling AI packages have the "Use Horse" flag checked. Did you do this for your packages?

You'll also notice that each mounted legionnaire is placed next to horses. Did you do this?

Each of the horses belong to the imperial legion faction, just like the legionnaires. And the owner of each of those horses is the legionnaire next to them. Does your horse share the same faction as your patrolling NPC? Is the horse's owner set to the patrolling NPC?

Try taking a look at some of the mounted imperial legionnaires from the game. You'll see that their patrolling AI packages have the "Use Horse" flag checked. Did you do this for your packages?

You'll also notice that each mounted legionnaire is placed next to horses. Did you do this?

Each of the horses belong to the imperial legion faction, just like the legionnaires. And the owner of each of those horses is the legionnaire next to them. Does your horse share the same faction as your patrolling NPC? Is the horse's owner set to the patrolling NPC?

Oh, I did all of that (the Legionnaires' AI just kinda confused me more :wacko: ) except the "same faction thing. :woot: I'll definately try that, but I don't know how to set ownership of the horse to an individual. :wallbash: It's obviously not like an interior or object where you can clearly state the owner NPC or faction. Is seting the horse to the NPC's faction the same as setting the ownership of the horse to that NPC? :mellow:

Actually, you do set the ownership of a horse exactly like you would set the ownership of an object. And setting the ownership of the horse to the NPC's faction vs. the NPC is different, although I suppose it doesn't matter in this case.

OK, the faction solution fixed the thing about him not riding his horse. :thumbsup: But now I'm still left with the following problem: He only patrols once! :wallbash: He rides from beginning to end and just stops. He sits there on his horse indefinitely, never moving. Any advice? :tongue: Thank you!

1. Put 4 X markers on the road around the Imperial City.

2. Make sure that the patrolling NPC is right on top of one of the X markers.

3. Name the X markers as Xmarker1, Xmarker2, ...

4. Create 4 travel AI packages, with "Use Horse" and "Must Complete" checked.

5. For the destinations, choose to select reference in render window, then select the X markers:

Xmarker2 for the first one

Xmarker3 for the second one

Xmarker4 for the third one

Xmarker1 for the fourth one

6. Create conditions for each of the AI packages:

"if (GetDistance Xmarker1 < 512)" for the first one

"if (GetDistance Xmarker2 < 512)" for the second one

7. Put the AI packages onto your patrolling NPC in any order

Edited by fg109