Remington MSR modular sniper rifle

DottorZoidberg

Im working on IT :D

the picture is broken, repost it pls :pirate:

There isn't a picture in his post ^^

I could probably have a go at this, but I would need someone else to rig it and do the final nif editing.

Edit: Started working on it. After about 15 minutes I have this much of the low-poly mesh.

http://i.imgur.com/LfvKwSU.png

Edited by OpenSaucer

Assuming that you'd make it as left handed version with the bolt handle on left side of the receiver (and possibly make some compromises with the accuracy of the model to have closer positioning for the parts), it should be able to use the hunting rifle animations.

There isn't yet functional plugin for Blender that would allow exporting the models as .nif that could be used by FO4. The plugin that's available only supports exporting to .nif that uses the old mesh data format that isn't supported. You can convert models using Outfit Studio, however it gives far worse results than 3ds Max.

To mirror the bolt handle or basically any mesh with Blender, select the object you want to mirror, go into edit mode, set the pivot center to 3d cursor and adjust the cursor position so that it's in the center of the point along which you wish to mirror the object. Then select the polygons you want to mirror and scale to -1 along the wanted axis (usually x). After this you'll need to flip the normals so that the polygons are facing correct direction.