Could someone make me a near empty MP3 and LIP file?

PrettyMurky

Apparently the process for doing this involves installing an older version of the CS and all kinds of foul necromancy, that I'd like to avoid as I only need it done this once.

I need a silent MP3 file, as short as possible, 0.01 seconds or less if it will work. With the associated LIP file built for it. The idea of this 'dialog' is just to check that the player has no outstanding business (quest updates or getting arrested etc.) with the NPC, but this is one time where the excellent ELYS silent voice add-on is counter-productive.

If someone who already has the old CS installed, and knows how to do this, could do so for me, and post the files on Nexus somewhere. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Murky

Silent dialog files are available in TES4Gecko and Elys Universal Silent Voice. You can make a copy of one of the MP3 files and cut it down to whatever length you wish. You can do this using ALO Audio Editor which can be downloaded and used for a free 30-day trial period. There are other downloadable audio editors available too, and you might already have an editor on your computer.

Since there is no one proper way that lips move in accompaniment to silence, you can't be out of synch. So you can probably just use any old .lip file you feel like. Perhaps look for a vanilla Oblivion dialog where a character says, "No." or some other one-word answer and copy and use that .lip file.

You may run into hardcoding and lag issues. I think it takes 1.0 or 2.0 seconds to do dialog. I don't know if you can make the game run that fast to only have a 0.01 second dialog. If you are trying to make it go that fast, you ought to be sure to remove the .lip file and not have one so it can flash past in the blink of an eye.

If you are actually trying to get faux lip synch and have matching delay, why don't you just run TES4Gecko on your mod to create the files? It is fast, fully automated, and a whole lot easier than all this stuff we have been talking about.

If you are trying to make it go that fast, you ought to be sure to remove the .lip file and not have one so it can flash past in the blink of an eye.

That is what I'm aiming for. It's for my gamemode persuasion mod. The idea is that this is used on a 'greeting' with the 'goodbye' flag ticked, on a quest with priority 51. So that it will only run if the player doesn't have any outstanding quest dialog with that NPC. Assuming they don't, I want it to briefly zoom in on the NPC's face, before as quickly as possible reverting to game mode.

What method would you recommend for this?