GECK Heightmap Editor Issue - solved ! ! !

WilsonB1

Hey guys/gals. Ran into an issue I have never encountered while using TES/GECK.

I am using the TESannwyn method for exporting my gray scale height map into a working .esp which GECK can load complete with height map broken into cells as a World space. The process works flawlessly and no issues here. But then I went and loaded the exported .esp in GECK, went to height map editor but to my surprise the height map wasn't visible. In the main window of the height map editor all that there was present instead of the height map was blank grayness. I thought at first it was the esp export or height map specifications so I loaded FalloutNV.esm, headed into the height map editor to view the Wastelands World Space, and again nothing was visible! One interesting side note is that while the height map for both my .esp World Space and the FalloutNV.esm Wasteland World Space didnt appear visible in the height map editor, both terrains were clearly there when I'd browse both terrains using Cell View... Any ideas anyone? I only saw one other forum thread on google dealing with this same issue... doesnt look good for me...

*note* I installed latest Fallout NV 1.3 patch, and installed the newest GECK 1.3.0.452

SOLVED

Solution: FNV Enhanced Shaders for what ever reason it seems was interfering with heightmap editor window... I removed d3d9.dll and enbseries.ini from falloutnv dir and low and behold it worked... Still plan on throwing them back in dir though when I play:D Anyhow hope this helps anyone who encounters similar issue.

Edited by Wilson_B

• 2 years later...