Meshes...?

justaking

You said it was mainly chests and such showing the "missing mesh" marker? Did you by chance install one of the big overhauls or something related and didn't also download and install their resources? I've read there were some issues with people missing these for FCOM, MMM, or OOO. What's also not unlikely is the mods altering those chests work with files from inside their own BSA archives. Those now don't load because either they weren't properly registered in your Oblivion.ini or the steps to get them to auto-register as documented in the readmes were not taken. In Oblivion BSA files starting with the same name as one of your loaded plugins are automatically loaded without registration in your ini, but certain overhauls had a change in their plugins' names and now the BSAs have to be renamed as well first. A BSA file missing or not loading is just like missing a disc. There will be missing meshes or textures aplenty.

I have both MMM and OOO installed. how do I remedy this? I cannot open the files to get them out, they're locked it seems... the only way to put them on is through one of the programs (bash, OMM) right? or manually putting it in my data folder, but i still cannot get the meshes out to the right places...what do I do?

You don't need to get them out of the BSAs. The game uses the files directly from inside the BSAs so they don't need to clutter your drive and take less space. All you need to do is get those BSAs loading. I don't know the specifics, but OOO and MMM should have proper installation instructions telling exactly what you need to do. For reference, if you tell me the exact filenames of your OOO and/or MMM BSAs and the ESPs of these mods (only the main ones, not the additional stuff), I might be able to tell ou what to do to get them loading automatically without alterations to your Oblivion.ini. But let me repeat I advise following the steps given in the respective readmes, as I'm in no way inflicted with those mods and don't know any of the specifics which might be crucial here.

You don't need to get them out of the BSAs. The game uses the files directly from inside the BSAs so they don't need to clutter your drive and take less space. All you need to do is get those BSAs loading. I don't know the specifics, but OOO and MMM should have proper installation instructions telling exactly what you need to do. For reference, if you tell me the exact filenames of your OOO and/or MMM BSAs and the ESPs of these mods (only the main ones, not the additional stuff), I might be able to tell ou what to do to get them loading automatically without alterations to your Oblivion.ini. But let me repeat I advise following the steps given in the respective readmes, as I'm in no way inflicted with those mods and don't know any of the specifics which might be crucial here.

Thanks for the help. I already redownloaded OOO (after I found out it was causing the problem through the process of elimination) and reinstalled and it is working well enough now. Soooo, that's a relief! :)