Eyes problem

mawarm

just make a copy of the Race.esp you are about to edit to another folder Second you need to check the oblivion ESM and the eye mod ESP and the race mod ESP then after theses are loaded ( this should normal not require OBSE to start with the editor) but just in case make a shortcut with the following command line without the stars ***obse_loader -editor*** if you have obse installed. but it should normally work with out it so try out if it works without it 1st

Select "FIles" Check oblivion ESM check on the eye mod and check the race mod Click on set to active File because this is what you want to be edited to be edited

Second you need to know there the meshes are placed by the mod in your oblivion/data/meshes/Character/ Would be a good point of starting of the meshes you seek of the eye mod folder then go to CS and select "character" in the top menu then "races" then select the race by name in the left list, you want to have the changed eyes ( better make a copy of the race by simply right clicking on it's name of the race and select "duplicate", then go to face data under eyes you can select the meshes for your eyes of the eye mod .. you remember where they are placed in the meshes folder so select them and experiment with them you can preview the face with the eyes under "Face Gen data"

Here a pic where you edit the meshes of the face :

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz6/Silver-DNA/2011-05-09_031016.jpg

Edited by SilverDNA

Okey, thank you very much for the help, I'm gonna have to try that out....but not right now, I'm off to school. :tongue:

I did what you said for a custom race, and now there's one pair of normal eyes to choose from for that race + a whole bunch of weird ones. Guess I might try selecting some other eyes or switching place of the right and left one, as I believe you suggested...? :tongue:

EDIT: I've tried messing around a bit, but can't really find anything that works, except for that one pair of eyes, which imo is kind of boring... Got any ideas on what to do now?

Edited by mawarm

After de-activating Capucines Character Expansion and then replacing the eye files with backups that I had, the eyes are working again for all races, except for the Trokturian Cows race.

So I guess this problem is solved...not fully, but kind of. :tongue: I hope I'll get the eyes for the Trokturian Cows working though.:rolleyes:

Edited by mawarm

This problem has been fully solved now. All I did was to simply rename the "imperial" Capucines folder, with the eye files in it, so that it didn't overwrite the original files when I put it in the meshes/characters folder. I then used the CS and pointed the Trokturian Cows esp to using the files in the Capucines folder instead of the normal imperial. I have not enabled the Capucines esp. Anyway, thanks for all the help and for learning me how to use the CS! :tongue: Edited by mawarm