Books containing the bestiary of Skyrim

FillipeMattos

Some dude just made a mod called Alchemist's Journal that progressively updates a journal that you craft at a tanning rack with alchemy effects and ingredients. Ie. once you learn a heal potion, it, with it's ingredients are added to the book. Pretty cool functionality, and an approach that would work with the bestiary idea.

I like the idea of more tomes on beasts (I've found several in the game), but I'm afraid that it would be more cosmetic than useful given how dumbed down the fighting mechanic is in Skyrim. I can hack with a sword or bow or whatever and kill anything eventually without any kind of knowledge about the weak points of the various creatures. If only the game required this kind of knowledge, tomes like these would be invaluable (and so would get made as a mod) and the game would be all that more rich.

true, but I think that it would be great even if it's just for the sake of collection. like that you could see all the creatures you have met and would want to search for them all. It could also be helpful in a way that you would know Where to find them and What they drop (generaly)

• 1 year later...

I think i could make a mod like this. Albeit it would take time to actually write a book that long, and adding all the weaknesses to the enemies. I could make everything tougher but if you know it's weakness you can f*#@ it up. So trolls are 10x as tough and they regen faster but fire kills them nearly immediately. Apply that sort of thing to every creature. Any other ideas?

• 1 month later...

I second this idea.
I'm in fact working on creating a list of known vanilla & mod added mobs, their weakness to spells and poisons.
The list is limited to vanilla spells and poisons... not including spells and poisons from mods.

I like the mechanics of the Alchemist Journal mod.

If someone could help guide me on how to achieve this mod, I can start work on making a mod out of this, once the information has been collated on my end.