PC > DVI > HDMI > TV Problem

VergilPrime

I lugged over my desktop PC tower and hooked it all up, configured the TV as my primary monitor, but when I run up a game (Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas) the screen goes blue. I can still hear the game fine, but no visual. Anyone got any information?

I lugged over my desktop PC tower and hooked it all up, configured the TV as my primary monitor, but when I run up a game (Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas) the screen goes blue. I can still hear the game fine, but no visual. Anyone got any information?

What model TV? are you using HDMI? or svga? is your system board set or "(Pinned for what you are using?"

Its a reap projection Mitsubishi from probably around 2010, im running the HDMI through a Pioneer Receiver big black box thing out to my TV. The output on my graphics card is DVI but I dont know enough to tell you more than that.

Again, I can see my desktop and icons and such but when the game starts up, the screen goes blank. It reminds me of when you try to screencapture a DVD off of a PC.

Sorry I mistated, its a small DVI adapter plugged into my computer and the HDMI cable is plugged into that.

Edited by VergilPrime

ok, the blue screen is the interrupt chip in the big black box thing. The TV has a setting for primarily input device. What your doing is wrong. It is confusing the electronic's pack in the main set, the tv is received a decrypted DVI signal from the box. Does the TV it's self have an HDMI input? if so, you need to run only 1 HDMI cord directly from the PC to the TV. Do not Sub proses the signal, you will damage both unit's and possibly all three things will burn up. Your Main mother board has a PIN on it, most have a n 8 pin array for HDMI use.

DVI is not recommended on the pc platforms. The HDMI cord has what appears to be a USB except the end's are not quite rectangular, sort of beveled. Your PC has a slot for HDMI out put and the TV should also have the same typ of port. Blue screen or black screen means you are damaging the set's on-board chip set. Set the tv to receive the PC as stranded device in put, and also the other section for VIDEO quality to HDMI, The PC should have a plain Jane vga port available so you can use the regular monitor for the desktop at the same time. Set the PC"S display settings to Dual and alike as well as primary also. I hope you can understand all this.

when and if you get it all together, you must reboot the PC, don't work on any of these things HOT. a power spike will destroy what ever goes south and you wont know what went bad. Edited by ccmechanic2

ok, the blue screen is the interrupt chip in the big black box thing. The TV has a setting for primarily input device. What your doing is wrong. It is confusing the electronic's pack in the main set, the tv is received a decrypted DVI signal from the box. Does the TV it's self have an HDMI input? if so, you need to run only 1 HDMI cord directly from the PC to the TV. Do not Sub proses the signal, you will damage both unit's and possibly all three things will burn up. Your Main mother board has a PIN on it, most have a n 8 pin array for HDMI use.

DVI is not recommended on the pc platforms. The HDMI cord has what appears to be a USB except the end's are not quite rectangular, sort of beveled. Your PC has a slot for HDMI out put and the TV should also have the same typ of port. Blue screen or black screen means you are damaging the set's on-board chip set. Set the tv to receive the PC as stranded device in put, and also the other section for VIDEO quality to HDMI, The PC should have a plain Jane vga port available so you can use the regular monitor for the desktop at the same time. Set the PC"S display settings to Dual and alike as well as primary also. I hope you can understand all this.

The TV has HDMI In (from the Pioneer Receiver) and im not using my PCs built in graphics, im usinga nVidia graphics card that has SVGA and DVI output, Im using the DVI output. The reason im going from the Reciever to the TV is because I have surrouns speakers.

My PC has no HDMI output.

When I had set up the TV as a secondary monitor, the game only came up on the first monitor leaving the desktop on the TV. When I had it set to the same screen on both, the TV remained blank (blue)

Like I told you, you can not subprocess the graphics card DVI signal before it hits the TV. So the set Does have HDMI input But, does it also have DVI input? Don't convert the signal at all, Direct to the set only. Why? ok, here's why. The receiver your inputing to put's Back out power , Electricity into your graphics card. This is dead wrong. The graphics card is designed to talk to a monitor OR TV directly. So If the main board on the pc is not being used but has built in graphic's which I assume have been turned off do to the card install. The DVI is president, remove the receiver from in between the PC and The TV.

They make a small adapter for conversion from DVI to HDMI. Wall mart, Electronics suppliers have them, most PC stores have them. They make for this very reason. To go from DVI to HDMI the newer technology. ! cord and that adapter is all you need. You can still run both screens.

Like I told you, you can not subprocess the graphics card DVI signal before it hits the TV. So the set Does have HDMI input But, does it also have DVI input? Don't convert the signal at all, Direct to the set only. Why? ok, here's why. The receiver your inputing to put's Back out power , Electricity into your graphics card. This is dead wrong. The graphics card is designed to talk to a monitor OR TV directly. So If the main board on the pc is not being used but has built in graphic's which I assume have been turned off do to the card install. The DVI is president, remove the receiver from in between the PC and The TV.

Alright that seems simple enough, Ill give it a shot, Gonna have to wait for the TV back though, it will be about 1:30 ish