PC > DVI > HDMI > TV Problem

VergilPrime

I run a large screen TV off of my computer.

DVI out from computer into a DVI-HDMI converter to AV amp (25 feet) to TV via HDMI. My audio is fed from my computer sound card into the DVI-HDMI converter using a short Fiber optic cable - the audio is sent along with the video over HDMI to the amp where the audio is put on my main speakers (not the wimpy TV speakers). It all has worked fine for over a year now. If you need more info PM me and I can tell you parts used and a source for them.

Most likely cause of blue screen is TV input not set properly or wrong resolution selected from computer video card.

Note: DVI is video only. So you must have a way to send audio separately or a way to put the audio onto the HDMI with a converter that can handle this.

Many newer video cards have an HDMI out built in, But I am unsure if audio is included in them.

I have the little adapter bit, not sure why i cant use both at once. Everything is working though, thanks a lot!

You are most welcome. What bben46 is very true. HDMI does carry sound in it as well but if your PC is using the audio out Then the PC automatically sends the sound out there, this is configurable, Some newer TV sets have killer sound systems and Like at wall mart, they display these capabilities, AKA directly thrugh the HDMI Cables. The dual setting for the screen depends on the graphics driver you have installed. Different versions give you choices. Some bad--some good. But the most important thing is you got the game on the Big guy now, thats what it was all about.