Can I get help to finally put this to rest?

Kimberlee

I am at this moment working on a slightly better one that involves some of the mods you listed here. Every mod has these things in them so as long as you adherer to the instructions to the letter. you will be impressed.

[X] Fallout3.esm

[X] EVE.esm

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm

[X] Project Beauty.esm

[X] DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm

[X] CRAFT - Workbench and Crafting Expansion combined.esp

[ ] CRAFT - WCE FOOK+FWE Patch.esp

[X] Hairday.esm

[X] CALIBR.esm

[X] CRAFT.esm

[X] xCALIBR.esm

[X] xCALIBRuniverse.esm

[ ] Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp

[ ] Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp

[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty.esp

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp

[X] EVE.esp

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Project Beauty.esp

[ ] CRAFT - WCE Warmonger Addon.esp

[X] xCALIBRuniverse_lite.esp

[X] BlackWolf Backpack.esp

[X] UPP - Pack 1.esp

[X] UPP - Original Perks.esp

[X] UPP - Quest Perks.esp

[X] UPP - Experience Perks.esp

[X] MoreMapMarkers.esp

[X] sunglassescollection.esp

[X] xCALIBRuniverse.esp

This is my current load order. Nothing exciting and not hi-res replacers. Terrain packs or anything like that I mean. The hi-res stuff is weapons. And whatever FWE adds.

Ah this may sound stupid but, where is the MMM master file?

]http://www.fallout3n...ile.php?id=3211 <<<<<< download and complete the needed files your missing, mainly the master mmm.esm.

I am not using that mod. The compatability patch isnt checked. So its not being used in my load order. Thats no issue at all. But thanks for pointing it out.

Weather or not you are using it...........The game will load it because it is in the directory, it still gets loaded Ergo either the file is removed from the data directory or you give the game it's Dependant master file. You don't have to use mmm, but if you leave mods there that require other mods even when not checked......the game will still load them. The well know fact!

I am not going to rest until this is finally solved!

I am not new to modding or to Fallout 3. I have had the game since it came out and I want to finally put this whole thing to rest. This game just HAS to run more smoothly on my rig. To that particular end, I am going to use this thread to get as much input on figuring out exactly the BEST way to do exactly that.

First for my system specs. Intel Core2Duo E8400 3.0 GHz processor, Nvidea GeForce GTX 260, 8 GB RAM, and running Vista Home Premium 64 for my operating system. I refuse to believe that the stuttering and lags are a normal part of the game that can't be fixed. I hate it when I transition from cell to cell and it just DOESNT flow smoothly. It hangs up. Drives me NUTS!

I have used the large address enabler, make merged patches, installed the latest video drivers. My god...whats next!

how many threads are you using? is it set in fallout.ini?

appearntaly the game has issues with more then one?

making it only use one might improve it.

(change the line "bUseThreadedAI=0" to "bUseThreadedAI=1" in fallout.ini)

also, for the record, I have a GT330 in my Macbook pro, which has like 100 cores, your 260 has 192 @ 576Mhz.

maybe your drivers are too new? new drivers don't always increase proformence, esp. with older games.

when you run the game without mods does it do that same? that would quickly elimate mods as cause..

Edited by xab666

I am not new to modding or to Fallout 3. I have had the game since it came out and I want to finally put this whole thing to rest. This game just HAS to run more smoothly on my rig. To that particular end, I am going to use this thread to get as much input on figuring out exactly the BEST way to do exactly that.

First for my system specs. Intel Core2Duo E8400 3.0 GHz processor, Nvidea GeForce GTX 260, 8 GB RAM, and running Vista Home Premium 64 for my operating system. I refuse to believe that the stuttering and lags are a normal part of the game that can't be fixed. I hate it when I transition from cell to cell and it just DOESNT flow smoothly. It hangs up. Drives me NUTS!

I have used the large address enabler, make merged patches, installed the latest video drivers. My god...whats next!

also, for the record, I have a GT330 in my Macbook pro, which has like 100 cores, your 260 has 192 @ 576Mhz.

maybe your drivers are too new? new drivers don't always increase proformence, esp. with older games.

when you run the game without mods does it do that same? that would quickly elimate mods as cause..

Im going to try setting the number of cores to one. Just in case it does work better. Thank you for the help! As well, I have noticed a (VERY) slight improvement with the new drivers so I dont think rolling them back will help. As I stated previously, the lags ( Im not going to refer to them as stutters anymore, too misleading) are there with NO mods and a new game. To be clear, its not all the time and it is usually for a few seconds. Its those annoying ones that last a minute - minute and a half that drive me crazy!

Im going to try setting the number of cores to one. Just in case it does work better. Thank you for the help! As well, I have noticed a (VERY) slight improvement with the new drivers so I dont think rolling them back will help. As I stated previously, the lags ( Im not going to refer to them as stutters anymore, too misleading) are there with NO mods and a new game. To be clear, its not all the time and it is usually for a few seconds. Its those annoying ones that last a minute - minute and a half that drive me crazy!

I just now uploaded a file for you that you can use in your game so you don't have to worry about all that stuff any more. The issues you have are the game it's self. I don't know your birthday so Happy birthday present any way. No BrokenSteel required at all. Go get it and have fun.

Are you getting this mostly in exterior areas with lots of items / npcs and mostly when switching to cells in exterior? Cause fo3 seems to dislike loading new exterior cells without a liading screen ;/ Im having the same prob, removed most my mods and am trying every crash/lag fix i can find, ill letyah know if i find something that works.