2handed weapons on the right side! And Horses!

Eferas

Hi, I would like to know if there is a mod that allow you to sheathing your two-handed weapon on the right side of the back, maybe something that reverse the position of the quiver with the weapon. Another request: there is a mod that allow you to keep you two-handed weapon when you ride? I don't hunderstand when the weapon disappers o_O

If this mods doesn't exist, can someone create them please? :tongue:

From the little I know about modding:-

To change the mesh/texture side for a sheathed weapon is probably not TOO hard. However, once you start to trying to DRAW the weapon, you have to have a specific mirror-image drawing/sheathing animation for your opwn character to use, and if you equip a left-hand-sheathed weapon, it'll then be wrong for drawing THAT. There may also be links to the bones in the skeleton so that the sheathed weapon moves with your body - every one of those references has to be tird to the mirror image bone so that the sword moves correctly when sheathed.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

If it were that easy ... ;)

You have to redo very much of 4 animations (equip/unequip, bothe regular and sneak). Even mirroring would be a lot of work. For equip at least 8 bones are involved, all fully defined (29 frames each). But then the body is tilted, so I doubt that a mirror would bring the arms in correct position. And you also have to change the weapon "bone", because on 2-handed equip the weapon bone is moving with the left hand, and if you want to pull the weapon with the right hand first (mirror!), the weapon bone has to move with the right hand instead.

Changing the skeleton to sheath the weapon on the other side is relatively easy, but which skeleton do you want to change? Standard, coronerra's, growlf's? All of them?

Making new skeletons for such a minor modifications is a real bad idea...