Dual-Wielding, Blocking, and You

Jagex

I, like anyone that is excited for this game, know that Skyrim will feature dual wielding (huzzah! :thumbsup: ) But I was wondering, if you equip two weapons, does that negate your ability to block incoming melee attacks?

Or will it be similar to the new blocking system where a nicely timed tap blocks the incoming attack (think of the parrying system in Infinity Blade http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3StIhouBuIQ).

Anyone know or have any ideas?

You should still be able to block / parry with swords. Sure, it might not be as effective trying to block a claymore with a dagger, but Bethesda isn't stupid, so I don't think they're going to make it to where dual wielding makes you defenseless (unable to block)

You should still be able to block / parry with swords. Sure, it might not be as effective trying to block a claymore with a dagger, but Bethesda isn't stupid, so I don't think they're going to make it to where dual wielding makes you defenseless (unable to block)

I didn't think they would remove it out right but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how they would implement it?

Maybe pressing attack at same time as enemy attacks auto blocks, so its timed block

Maybe works clicking both weapons bottons, that would make sense as it would work the same for having a shield and a sword o two swords.

sword and shield

Left-click: Weapon attack

Right-click: Shield bash

Click-Both: Block

sword and sword

Left-click: Weapon attack

Right-click: Weapon attack

Click-Both: Block

I'm not sure how this would work.

According to what I have read, they removed hotkeys and replaced it with a favorites menu in which you bookmark everything you need to it, which not only pauses the game when you open it, but also seems to force you to scroll through a list.But then I read in a recent article that you have separate hotkeys for each hand....which just confuses me.As for the blocking, I'm pretty sure you block with the block button and still attack with the attack button (but with dual wield animations), I think your ability to block is only removed if you have a spell in one hand.