Script to run console commands on a keypress

Hello.

Console commands like “TCL” or “TFC” can only be used in the console. The script compiler will not accept them when used in a script. I do not know of any workaround using vanilla assets.

However, the Fallout Script Extender (FOSE) has some of these “pure” console commands wrapped up into commands usable in a script. Sadly the bad news is that TCL (ToggleCollision) is NOT one of them.

The script extender for Oblivion (OBSE) has a “Con_TCL” command. Even the script extender for New Vegas (NVSE) has a “Con_TCL” command. FOSE does not. At least the last version I worked with (1.2 b2) did not have this command. To my knowledge, FOSE has not been updated in quite a while.

So ... what am I saying? In Fallout 3 there is, as far as I know, no way to bind the console command TCL to a hotkey. Not yet, anyway. Maybe the next FOSE update will allow this.

Personally, I am desperately waiting for a Con_TFIK command being added to both FOSE and NVSE, because FootIK loves to mess up my custom animations during scripted cutscenes and my workaround using SetNumericGameSetting doesn't work as well as simply using “TFIK” in the console.

I am sorry. Maybe someone else knows a way to do this ...

Good luck.