Helmet replacer

Beyound

Been playing oblivion since it pretty much came out and have never liked the Helmets because it removes your characters hair and they look well lets be honest horrible :sick: , which i resorted to not wearing any head gear at all from hood to helmets. Anyway downloaded and playing with Plate Armor Plus and came across some of the nice masks. So thought to myself "Hey there must be some helmet replacer that replaces the helmets with masks" but in my effort to find anything to replace the helmets i have found nothing at all which replaces the default helmets. :(

I don't know how hard or easy it is to make such a replacer or if it is even possible. So i'm asking is it possible to make a replacer of the helmets and if so would anyone be interested in making it. Thanks for any replies to this and hope to hear some good news. :turned:

It's possible, but you have to use a slot other than hair or else your player will be bald when wearing the mask. Most common slot to use is tail. Is your character one of the beast races? If so, you'll need to add a tail mesh to the mask mesh when equipping in the tail slot so the tail doesn't disappear. Also keep in mind that NPCs don't equip items in the tail slot so it would be player only.

Razorpony

I personaly don't play with any beast characters, so no tail to worry about. If it was only player character that gets the masks it would be fine i pressume you can make it so that NPC's have the default helmet but when picked up by player character it swaps to the mask version of the helmet. I have seen a few mods that do it for when PC picks up armor, don't know if it's hard to do or if it would work with it switching between two different type of slots. :sweat: