Adding weapons to a faction?

Hi, I was wondering how do I go about adding a weapon to a faction for example, NCR troopers randomly carry the Carbine Rifle but at random. I do not wish to replace a weapon for another I just want to have it mixed up a bit. Sorry if this was already discussed I wasn't sure what to search for! :wallbash:

Thankyou!

Hi, I was wondering how do I go about adding a weapon to a faction for example, NCR troopers randomly carry the Carbine Rifle but at random. I do not wish to replace a weapon for another I just want to have it mixed up a bit. Sorry if this was already discussed I wasn't sure what to search for! :wallbash:

Thankyou!

are you looking to just change it? or do it through a script? (prehaps on a condition?)

either way.

if you open the lvled encounter for the NCR soldiers, in the inventory tab youll see

withAmmoNVServiceRifleLoot

thats the Leveled Item List they normally have., you can create your own, or duplicate it and just change the weapon.

it normally contains:

CondNVServiceRifleLoot

Ammo556mm

Ammo556mm75

Case556mm75

In order to duplicate or make a new leveled item list, you need to navigate to the item list part of the geck object window.

If you are talking about leveled lists and you want the NPC to shoot that weapon you need to include all those things xab666 shows in the leveled list template and make sure the USE ALL box is checked in the first level of the template which shows all those items together.

It works only slightly differently for different weapons.

for melee knives clubs just add the weapons you want to the leveled list and place that leveled list into the npc inventory.

for most projectile and beam weapons it is what xab666 said. If you want a laser pistol look for WithAmmoLaserPistol and look and see what the first level of the template contains.

Missile/Grenade launchers and such use a slightly different combination of withammo because there are no casings etc. Just open a withammo launcher template and copy cat it.

It is all a bit like the Russian dolls where you open one and another smaller doll is inside. You have a master withammo leveled list and you open it and there are more leveled lists in side etc.

All the leveled lists for weapons etc are contained in the Leveled Item section of the object window. In the filter for the leveled items category type in withammo and then only the with ammo items will be seen which makes finding what you are looking for a little easier.

Scroll through some of the various with ammo weapons first just looking at the the structure of the templates and what check boxes are checked at the different levels of the template. Most with ammo templates contain a Condweaponname leveled list. In that list you can set what level and what health % the weapon spawns at. The higher the health level the more powerful the weapon will be up to its maximum DPS etc.. 100% health means that the weapon will be at full strength/dps etc when it spawns. 50% half strength etc so if you want that weapon to be an available choice at say level 3 you may want to set the health to say 15 to 25 % or it will be an over powered weapon for that level. at level 12 maybe you want that gun to spawn at 60 or 70%

Not knowing how new all this is to you when you open a leveled with ammo list you will see one or more depending on the templat pieces of ammo that is an arrow icon. That is not a leveled list and you need to go to the ammo category of the object window to find that particular ammo item to add to your list. Green chiclet boxes only are the actual leveled lists in those particular type of leveled lists.

When you are done with your edits and you are closing the template the geck should ask if you want to create a new form. I do myself and I give my templates a custom suffix. for instance mine would be WithAmmoLaserPistolSB SB being my custom tag I prefer to use the suffix because I have read that there can be problems if you add a prefix. Mostly numbers cause problems from what I have read such as 01WithAmmoxxxxx if I have read right will cause problems but to just avoid any possibilty of a problem I use a suffix tag

Here is link to the wiki leveled items page that gives a brief description what the several check boxes in the templates are for.

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/LeveledItem

Edited by deu58

Well they say a picture is worth a thousand words : ) Just look at a with ammo leveled list for each class of weapons guns launchers energy etc and you will see how it works. FYI all the leveled lists for weapons as I said are listed in the leveled items section. When you are looking in the templates what you are seeing is different combinations of those same stand alone lists. you use the various lists in the master list to assemble a template. for example if you type withammo into the filter LeveledWithAmmoHuntingSniperRifleNPC comes to the top.

Open that and there are 4 more leveled lists inside and all those leveled lists are from the original master list in the leveled items category. If you type condhunting into the filter and you will see CondHuntingRifleNPC is listed in the GECK master list. It is all just drag and drop into new templates the already existing masters in the list to form what ever template you want to make. You drag it there and a copy is made of the list you just placed in your custom template.

You should also be aware that if you use say LeveledWithAmmoHuntingSniperRifleNPC and duplicate it naming it LeveledWithAmmoHuntingSniperRifleMyGun you need to press the save button before you can use that list in another template because even though you have created a new list the geck does not know that until you save. If you try to add your new list with out saving it will drag there and you will be able to edit levels etc and then if you hit ok it will close. Now open it again and your list will be gone and it will have a list that says188storemisc. If that happens to you it is because you forgot to save before adding your new list.

I have found it necessary sometimes to actually shut down and reboot the geck before the new list gets properly saved and I can use it. The geck is full of bugs. Save often and for me I shut it down about every 15 to 20 minutes and restart to get every thing properly saved and refreshed.

I almost forgot the most important thing of all. When you drag and drop a list in your new template it is more than just a copy of the original. It is still connected to the original and if you edit the list of the copy it will edit the list of the original also. So you make a new custom WithammoMygun template that is all good but when you drag a Condxxxxxx list into your new template and change the original health and levels in the copied list in it unless you want to add your edit to every other item that uses CondHuntingRifleNPC you also need to make a custom template for that list also. That is what makes leveled lists so tedious to work with. Any change to a copied list makes a change in the master list for that item and that change cannot be reversed. The undo command does not work with leveled lists.

Make a duplicate of CondHuntingRifleNPC such as CondHuntingRifleMygun and place that into your master WithammoMygun and now you can edit that to your liking because that sublist is not yet being used by anything.

Do not let this scare you. None of this is as difficult or scary as it sounds. It is just a process that requires certain steps for it to work right. Make a clean save of the plug you are working on and save step by step as you are building your new template. If you make a mistake just shutdown and reload using your last good save plug and the Fallout.esm will replace any accidental errors you may have made to a stock game leveled master list.

Edited by deu58