Problems with FNVedit

ahztek666

I've been having some trouble with FNVedit ever since I added CaliberX as a master to my mod... Since the master has been added, I can no longer open my mod in FNVedit to check for errors and such. Does anyone know why this is the case? And even better, does anyone know how to fix it?

The error I get is something like "CaliberX.esm must be loaded after FalloutNV.esm" or something. The annoying thing is that FalloutNV.esm IS getting loaded first.

I appreciate any help I may get on this.

I've been having some trouble with FNVedit ever since I added CaliberX as a master to my mod... Since the master has been added, I can no longer open my mod in FNVedit to check for errors and such. Does anyone know why this is the case? And even better, does anyone know how to fix it?

The error I get is something like "CaliberX.esm must be loaded after FalloutNV.esm" or something. The annoying thing is that FalloutNV.esm IS getting loaded first.

I appreciate any help I may get on this.

I've had that problem, but I just go into FOMM and adjust the order, the close it and open FNVEdit. The FalloutNV.esm needs to have an older date stamp on it, and FOMM will do that for you.

speaking of the fomm date stamping,

I have been gettin this 1\1\2008 last modified weird thing on all my esm's and esp's since the 1.3 patch.

is that comin from fomm?

I have been gettin this 1\1\2008 last modified weird thing on all my esm's and esp's since the 1.3 patch.

is that comin from fomm?

Yes. When you move mods up and down in FOMM's list, the date stamps change. Like for me, FalloutNV.esm is 1\1\2008 1.02am. The next plugin is 1.03am, etc. The game loads older modules first. FNVEdit strictly goes by datestamp. That's why when the 1.3 update came through, and FalloutNV.esm had a recent date, FNVEdit would try to load it later than other modules.

is that comin from fomm?

Yes. When you move mods up and down in FOMM's list, the date stamps change. Like for me, FalloutNV.esm is 1\1\2008 1.02am. The next plugin is 1.03am, etc. The game loads older modules first. FNVEdit strictly goes by datestamp. That's why when the 1.3 update came through, and FalloutNV.esm had a recent date, FNVEdit would try to load it later than other modules.

I was wondering where that came from??? Thats been happening ever since I started using FOMM.

FNVEdit is having more serious issues after the HH install today.

Fatal: Could not open registry key: \SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\FalloutNV\

Apparently something about the registry key has been altered with the HH install but I really can't be arsed to dig into my registry to try to make it work again. Which sucks as well cause Wrye Flash, while very powerful is extremely obtuse software and I hate working in Python.