Parsing feature for the Character Pool sub-menus...

Zyxpsilon

Some genius-coder really has to step into High-Gear right now to produce this kind of stuff;

http://s7.postimg.org/mw9kb6yi3/Pool_Parser_Suggestion.png

If you still need precisions for the concept or have serious ideas to make it even better -- post below. Such a QoL asset could become one of the essential Mods out there for anyone currently trying to figure out what + where + why anything is listed in literally PAGES worth of consecutive characters contained in multiple Pools as well.

Currently, it simply is chaos.

Everyone wants it, i want it & everybody else should have it too!

EDIT; Updated the Header-Bars to insert optional "buttons";

TOP #1 = Rookies + Veterans(SGT) + Classes (incl. PSI-Ops)

TOP #2 = Full Roaster + VIP + DarkVIP + Engineers + Scientists

Edited by Zyxpsilon

• 2 weeks later...

The original file is 640x870_PNG and was resized+edited from a snapshot taken from a 1920x1080 full-screen. Right/Click & Save/As the file... and that's what you'll get to process locally (( and zooming in! )) instead of trying to decipher from this web page.

The gfx/ScaleForm resource for that menu normally is "based" on various shape/sprites combo-set. I simply added (with PSPro-X3 & Gimp) a few custom XC2 assets to it in order to expose the generic idea only.

Eventually you'd be able to grab anything (codewise) from anywhere and re-structure the header "areas" or Buttons however you'd see fit.

So to be clear -- i really don't have a hi-res version cuz the game itself doesn't offer any!! :D

PS; Key to this attempt is the Engineers + Scientists option(s), btw. Something to discuss later, i gather.

Edited by Zyxpsilon

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

AFAIC, this concept (and other principles) is now officially taken over by krj12's solid Mod version (( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684900176 )) which currently offers the basics for much further development of the essentials.

I am very happy about this wild stuff. It's excellent news for anyone having extensive Pool lists.

Edited by Zyxpsilon