Romance

JackTrenton

The only kind of in game romance that would interest me is Piper finding out that I was flirting with Cait and then releasing a Deathclaw into my bedroom while I am trying to sleep.

Give me the dirty side of things, give me the anger and passive aggressive behavior, have her stop talking to me because I forgot it was her birthday while I was busy blowing up the Institute or saving the Commonwealth from an evil super mutant slave driving warlord...

I don't want a doll to dress up and follow me around like arm candy. That's not story, that's boring.

Piper is chill with other you sleeping with other people. This not that odd, some women in RL are okay with it.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never played Witcher, so after seeing it mentioned here, I googled it. It's not that bad.

Everyone likes different aspects of RPGs and people have different goals, etc.

As far as the graphicness goes, think about what you see every time you nail a raider. Heads exploding like pumpkins, or just popping off after a neckshot.

It can be added and looks like it can be done well. Perhaps an additional setting to switch off Romance?

The only kind of in game romance that would interest me is Piper finding out that I was flirting with Cait and then releasing a Deathclaw into my bedroom while I am trying to sleep.

Give me the dirty side of things, give me the anger and passive aggressive behavior, have her stop talking to me because I forgot it was her birthday while I was busy blowing up the Institute or saving the Commonwealth from an evil super mutant slave driving warlord...

I don't want a doll to dress up and follow me around like arm candy. That's not story, that's boring.

Piper is chill with other you sleeping with other people. This not that odd, some women in RL are okay with it.

But it is boring, both in real life and in the game...

If there isn't going to be any tension, then why even bother?

Personally, I like it. Not all women are jealous nut heads as fiction shows them. You fighting over dislikes is more likely RL like.

Other followers like Danse are not okay with it. Seems mostly males?

The point is, the real world has variety. Different people like different things. With 13 different companions, why not make at least one of them hard to get?

People like me are not interested in having a romantic interest character that just falls in line and does what you say and treats you like you are the center of the world. If it isn't a challenge to win them over, then it isn't any fun. To me this applies in both the real world and games.

I'm not saying go make every character like that, but I am sure there are enough people like me that it would be worth making 1.

Geeze, another one who's into sex with NPCs. Now I'm not bigotted against NPCs, some of my best friends are NPCs, but, you know, they ain't even human. They should stick to their own kind, is all I'm saying :wink:

But according to a few we are mere sims in a giant digital experiment.

So, should this be the case... well... :P

Well, then I totally live by what I said. If I'm an NPC, then a player should totally not try to sex me up :tongue:

Actually, though, we may be a simulation, but I somewhat suspect we aren't sims. I mean, have you seen what some peope DO with their sims? At least half of us would have died in a fire in a room with only a fireplace and two dozen chairs, drowned in pools without ladders, or starved in a bathroom without a toilet before even reaching drinking age :tongue:

Not that the rest of us are all that much better, if you've seen my saga on MTS. My poor vampire pretty much lives on bloodwine and coffee, and sleeps at work to free time for partying all night. But yeah, pretty much lives on alcohol. If we had players like that... waait a minute... do you reckon that's why my liver is all broken? :wink:

Actually, though, we may be a simulation, but I somewhat suspect we aren't sims. I mean, have you seen what some peope DO with their sims? At least half of us would have died in a fire in a room with only a fireplace and two dozen chairs, drowned in pools without ladders, or starved in a bathroom without a toilet before even reaching drinking age :tongue:

There'd be far more pee'ing on the floor too!