Half Khajiit

Lehcar

So, we know that elves and humans can breed together no problemo. And we have confirmation that they can also breed with orcs. I am going to be logical and assume that the Argonians are the exception; they're not mammals so their biology simply is not compatible with the other races, so crossbreeding with them and the existence of part-Argonians is a definite "Not gunna happen, ever".

But what about the Khajiit? Nothing is ever said about this in the TES lore. Do you know if, or do you think the Khajiit are capable of breeding with men and mer? They ARE mammals... http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/confused.gif

Actually, it's theorized that Khajiit are the result of Aldmer breeding with great cats. >.>

There are a huge variety of subspecies of Khajiit, some that look just like Bosmer, and others that look no different from ordinary cats.

Elsweyr: Deserts of Anequina adds several playable Khajiit variations, including two that look like Bosmer.

So, in short, yes, I think that half-Khajiit are very possible.

As for Argonians, I suspect they may be more mammal than you think.

But there's numerous references to Argonians being oviparous; that is, they hatch from eggs... http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/wacko.gif

But Khajiit can have cubs with humans and elves?! Awesome! :D

Edited by Lehcar

Here's one of the in-game books, transcribed by the Imperial Library: http://www.imperial-library.info/content/oblivion-racial-phylogeny-and-biology

It's not too definitive. Still, I hope it helps.

Like much of TES lore, I suppose your question can only be answered by speculation, at this point.

In my opinion, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to suggest that khajiit could breed with men or mer. :biggrin:

Typically in legend and fantasy worlds, our modern understanding of biology doesn't really apply. However, given that vanilla Oblivion Khajiit do not have the number of mammaries cats have, and some types of Khajiit look elven and lack fur, I think you could argue that Khajiits are already crossbreeds. On the other end of the scale, some are small quadrupeds. The explanation as to why there are so many types of Khajiit is very mystical and involved their connection to the moons. You can read about that here. It is also possible and perhaps likely that humans and elves could breed with some types but not others. If you read that article, there are some combos that are unlikely and nothing is known about some of the types yet.

Khajiit vary from big lion-like beasts to little spell-casting house cats to bosmer like people. Cross-breeding seems a bit sketchy in TES lore, but usually implies it may be possible, but never happened. I think Khajiit are the coolest race anyway, so I wouldn't really care if they couldn't!