Fatigue System in XCOM 2?

AdmiralScorpii

sure. i was thinking about it a couple of days ago- mainly it could be done with a persistent list that will take soldiers and divide them into the 3 groups, the hard part is probably tracking the time(which i havnt gotten into so it could just be extremely easy)

How would you be able to create a persistent list?

sure. i was thinking about it a couple of days ago- mainly it could be done with a persistent list that will take soldiers and divide them into the 3 groups, the hard part is probably tracking the time(which i havnt gotten into so it could just be extremely easy)

The base game uses a HQ work project for soldier healing - Treating each soldier's wound-recovery as a project with points-per-block-of-health. A fatigue system could use the same system.

As far as I recall in Long War the soldier was actually set to have 0 health and placed into a pseudo-dead state while fatigued. I don't think that'll be necessary this time around.

The difficult part will be in cleanly implementing the necessary overrides. I've managed to hook that stuff, but only by doing a hack that dynamically replaces stock heal projects with objects of my customised heal project class, called from a UIScreenListener attached to the After-Action screen. It's messy.

Edited by Kvalyr

The base game uses a HQ work project for soldier healing - Treating each soldier's wound-recovery as a project with points-per-block-of-health. A fatigue system could use the same system.

As far as I recall in Long War the soldier was actually set to have 0 health and placed into a pseudo-dead state while fatigued. I don't think that'll be necessary this time around.

The difficult part will be in cleanly implementing the necessary overrides. I've managed to hook that stuff, but only by doing a hack that dynamically replaces stock heal projects with objects of my customised heal project class, called from a UIScreenListener attached to the After-Action screen. It's messy.

Yeesh, that does sound messy. I'm guessing that this would require looking at the source script code, correct?

Yeah i have too much on my hands right now, i would love to implement this though... does anyone want in on "Second Wave Reborn"? full credits and all, it's just that i'm swamped with ideas and fixes and another head or two or ten wouldnt hurt!

I'd like to contribute as this would definitely benefit my mod as a significant gameplay feature

Yeah i have too much on my hands right now, i would love to implement this though... does anyone want in on "Second Wave Reborn"? full credits and all, it's just that i'm swamped with ideas and fixes and another head or two or ten wouldnt hurt!

I'd like to contribute as this would definitely benefit my mod as a significant gameplay feature

what mod are you making? you mean this fatigue system? because by all looks of it it'll need some code to implement.

which reminds me i should document my code...

Edited by Guest