Hair mod

DivineAvengerrr

I am trying to find the hair meshes and hair textures in the Dragon age toolset so I can extract and then mod some hair meshes together in blender to make something similar to this http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/images/1876-1-1289349398.jpg for my character.

Does anybody have any info on where the hair files are? I already have the blender plug-in DragonBlender 0.20.

Heyas Avenger :)

I guess that you're talking about the vanilla, distribution files, yah?

If so, then the files you're needing will be in the dragon age installation folder.

C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\packages\core\data

The meshes themselves will be in modelmeshdata.erf and textures in textures.erf

Just locate those .erf files on your hdd, and then drag and drop them into the toolset. Find the models that you're lookin for in the list, right click on it, and then choose export without dependancies.

Hairs will be listed as racegender_har_name. Something like df_har_03a.msh for Dwarf Female hair 03a. Textures should have corresponding names to the meshes.

F=Female, M=Male. D=Dwarf, E=Elf, H=Human, Q=Qunari.

NOW.... I dont know if you will also need to modify the hues and tints files, or if there are any. I dont have any experience with 3d modeling itself. So I'm afraid that if there's a problem after exporting them, I'm afraid I can't tell you what you'll need to do, beyond what I've already said. :( :(

I hope that this at least gets you started in the right direction. And good luck! :) :thumbsup:

-DW