Could the Nereverine be Dovahkiin?

stars2heaven

For those thinking the Nereverine could be Dovahkiin...who's to say there's only ONE dragonborn in the world? I never read that even once. So it's silly to think that lore or tradition would be broken just to make it so. The Nereverine is not Dovahkiin.

For those thinking the Nereverine could be Dovahkiin...who's to say there's only ONE dragonborn in the world? I never read that even once. So it's silly to think that lore or tradition would be broken just to make it so. The Nereverine is not Dovahkiin.

Bethsoft themselves said you are the last Dragonborn. Quote from elderscrolls.wikia "In the Elder Scrolls universe, the term Dragonborn is used to refer to the descendants of Emperor Tiber Septim, founder of the Septim Dynasty of Tamriel. Most of past Dragonborn have been of the Imperial Race; however, Dragonborn can be of any race, as the abilities and title are given by the Nine Divines to favored subjects.It also may refer to the Nerevarine, the main character from Morrowind, who is referred to as "Dragon-born" in the Lost Prophecy. The issues have since been cleared up, with Game Developer Todd Howard revealing that the "Dragonborn" of Skyrim will be different to those in previous games." From this you can see that Dragon-born simply means from Cyrodiil. As well this

quote from thedragonborn.com "You play the last of the Dragonborn You are the first of the Dragonborn seen in centuries."

Bethsoft themselves said you are the last Dragonborn. Quote from elderscrolls.wikia "In the Elder Scrolls universe, the term Dragonborn is used to refer to the descendants of Emperor Tiber Septim, founder of the Septim Dynasty of Tamriel. Most of past Dragonborn have been of the Imperial Race; however, Dragonborn can be of any race, as the abilities and title are given by the Nine Divines to favored subjects.It also may refer to the Nerevarine, the main character from Morrowind, who is referred to as "Dragon-born" in the Lost Prophecy. The issues have since been cleared up, with Game Developer Todd Howard revealing that the "Dragonborn" of Skyrim will be different to those in previous games." From this you can see that Dragon-born simply means from Cyrodiil. As well this

quote from thedragonborn.com "You play the last of the Dragonborn You are the first of the Dragonborn seen in centuries."

Perhaps it was my wording...but what you may have extrapolated isn't what I was getting at. Nerevarine isn't the only Dragonborn ever. And just because Skyrim's hero is the LAST Dragonborn, doesn't mean there weren't others. In fact, it implies there were multiple at some point.

Perhaps it was my wording...but what you may have extrapolated isn't what I was getting at. Nerevarine isn't the only Dragonborn ever. And just because Skyrim's hero is the LAST Dragonborn, doesn't mean there weren't others. In fact, it implies there were multiple at some point.

It seems you didn't get what I said either. I never said there wasn't multiple Dragonborns or others. I know a lot of the Lore in my head. If I said that this was the first Dragonborn I would obviously never played Oblivion or just played for another reason, Forgot the lore of the story that kind of stuff. When I said last I didn't mean "Only" as those words are different. With what I said about "You are the first Dragonborn seen in centuries, Not "You are the first Dragonborn seen ever." I'm sorry if you misinterpreted what I meant. I was simply saying that Bethsoft themselves said that the Nerevarine isn't the Dragonborn. In fact that could break the immersion unless something happened with the gods. I was implying about the only Dragonborn in the world thing . Yes there were other Dragonborns. But it clearly states that the others have died off and you are the only one left. Sorry for the confusion.

P.S. Nice Skill forum info page.

Plus if there were two Dragonborns the emphasis on Dovakhiin would be less. At best they wouldn't say "But, there is one they fear. In their tongue Dovakhiin. DRAGONBORN!" instead it would say "But, there is two they fear. In their tongue Dovakhiin. DRAGONBORN's!" Or something. And by One I am sure it is saying One it didn't say two. Not trying to criticize but for lore-wise two Dragonborns wouldn't fit. (At least in 4E 201.) Yes they could have Two Dragonborns. But in my opinion it would be like two Nerevarines. You may say "Dragonborns are those born with the soul of the Dragon." So there might be two but since Todd himself said the Dragonborn is basically back to rid the Dragons from Tamriel. In logic of two Dragonborns (At this time setting in Tamriel. I mean before The Emperor got assassinated there was 5 Dragonborn's but not now.) would be like the logic of two Dragonborn's would be like two Nerevarine's. If you see what I mean. I would rather say you are the reincarnation of Talos or Tiber Septim so basically you have a god in your soul. I mean Talos appeared before the Nerevarine himself and said "The Empire is getting old, time for something new" He says stuff after that but the funny thing is Dragonborn appears right when The Empire and the Rebels are fighting and there are Dragons. Coincidence? In my opinion I think not.

It seems you didn't get what I said either. I never said there wasn't multiple Dragonborns or others. I know a lot of the Lore in my head. If I said that this was the first Dragonborn I would obviously never played Oblivion or just played for another reason, Forgot the lore of the story that kind of stuff. When I said last I didn't mean "Only" as those words are different. With what I said about "You are the first Dragonborn seen in centuries, Not "You are the first Dragonborn seen ever." I'm sorry if you misinterpreted what I meant. I was simply saying that Bethsoft themselves said that the Nerevarine isn't the Dragonborn. In fact that could break the immersion unless something happened with the gods. I was implying about the only Dragonborn in the world thing . Yes there were other Dragonborns. But it clearly states that the others have died off and you are the only one left. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the clarity. So just to break down one thing...do you yourself think that our Skyrim Dragonborn is likely the Nereverine? That would be interesting... But I guess my main thing that keep me from thinking such a thing is that in Skyrim you'll be level 1 and starting anew in skills etc...and I'm not sure how Bethesda would cover that issue, perhaps it's like the Avatar (the Last Airbender), and is "reborn"...hmm.

And thanks for the compliment. :] It was a lot of work. Too bad the thread isn't getting much love now haha.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the clarity. So just to break down one thing...do you yourself think that our Skyrim Dragonborn is likely the Nereverine? That would be interesting... But I guess my main thing that keep me from thinking such a thing is that in Skyrim you'll be level 1 and starting anew in skills etc...and I'm not sure how Bethesda would cover that issue, perhaps it's like the Avatar (the Last Airbender), and is "reborn"...hmm.

And thanks for the compliment. :] It was a lot of work. Too bad the thread isn't getting much love now haha.

Yeah, lol. But for the Nerevarine thing, as I said it would make more since if you are Tiber Septim think about it. Technically Dragonborns have been gone for over 100 years that is until your born. What if Tiber Septim (Or Talos.) was you, since Akatosh is Alduin it would make since for one of the Divines that are more in "Touch" with the Soul of a Dragon. I mean basically if Alduin is there then Akatosh is out of the 9 Divines.(Akatosh may have gotten cursed as well. Or maybe he has a multiple personalities. And what I mean by that is when he is Akatosh he does not want to be Alduin he hates Alduin likewise for Alduin he hates Akatosh. If you get what I mean.) It would only make since for a Divine to go against a Divine. So either Talos chose you or he is you. So basically if you are Tiber Septim you have the soul of a soul of a Dragon. (Joke.) But I hope you see were I am leading. BGS could make it to where you are the Nerevarine reincarnated (Or Nerevar reincarnated 2x or something like that, lol.) if they wanted to. Also have you seen certain pics and other stuff of Skyrim that say Reborn 11-11-11. Indeed you might be Nerevarine, Tiber Septim. There is another possiblity. Lorkhan (In some since it would make sense I mean Lorkhan betrayed the others. Maybe they are giving him a second chance.)