Fallout 4 1.4.124 Beta Update is on!

Boombro

Fast travel "not legit?" It's a game conceit, not an immersive element. I fast travel when I'm not exploring, especially when I've already been over the same, gorramed roads between two points over and over and over again. As for the faction-based alternatives you cite, not everyone will be using those. At any rate, conventional fast travel doesn't assume teleportation; it assumes that your character is walking, but saves you having to waste the time as a player. If I wanted to play a walking sim, that'd be fine. I have better things to do. ='[.]'=

Did you even read me post?

Edited by mcguffin

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

225 RotateLeft 0x41 0xff 0xff 0 0 0 0x8
226 RotateRight 0x44 0xff 0xff 0 0 0 0x8
I do know that 0x41 is "A" and 0x44 is "D". I assume they rotate something but haven't seen what it does yet.
edit: not sure what the two lines do in the customcontrolmap.txt yet but these lines have been added.

Since both keys are movement, i think it is about turn speed of the character?

I use arrows for movement myself, with mouse for turning, so, can't tell for sure, but it seems to be A logical explanation?

For the OCD amongst us... I noticed today that selecting an element in terminal mode (Console mode? Without a console?) seems to be much more difficult. As in, one needs to do a tcl, get REALLY close to the item, then go into console and select it. Dunno if Bethesda made the background boundaries larger, or what.

I noticed when I was building a bunk shack at a new settlement, it required rather high foundations to clear the terrain, so the doorways needed short ladders. For me, these do not snap in place easily, so I just get 'em close then adjust the final position in console mode. Today I could not select the ladder until I tcl'd in really close - like close enough that the ladder rungs were almost full screen width. Then I could select them and get their ID codes to come up. Further out, all I could select was background codes.

Any one else notice?

(I'm not really OCD afflicted, I just like knowing that there are twenty two telephone poles on the right side of the road to where I eat lunch...)

I had this in multiple situations, but longer than this patch.

As if the hitboxes of certain items overlap what you try to select.

Now, I am the WORST burglar, and trying to open a safe results in ending up cashless due to having bought a billion lockpicks that I blew on opening whatever I wanted open.

So, yes, I use the unlock command in console, but often I have to do the weirdest things to get a safe or other locked box PRID'ded...

Edited by Klipperken

Fast travel "not legit?" It's a game conceit, not an immersive element. I fast travel when I'm not exploring, especially when I've already been over the same, gorramed roads between two points over and over and over again. As for the faction-based alternatives you cite, not everyone will be using those. At any rate, conventional fast travel doesn't assume teleportation; it assumes that your character is walking, but saves you having to waste the time as a player. If I wanted to play a walking sim, that'd be fine. I have better things to do. ='[.]'=

Did you even read me post?

Yes. Yes, I did. =^[.]^=

but...but it has a teleporter :tongue:

Nah, it's like cheating...
Beside, you gain access to some kind of teleporters throughout the story, It's far more rewarding than installing a mod^^

what about a motorbike than? and this stuff only works from settlements :cool:

Edited by bladexdsl

what about a motorbike than? and this stuff only works from settlements :cool:

Yes, that is interesting, establishing way point through settlements could do the trick. What could be interesting is the need to build something or even to recruit a settler as a driver.

All that matters to my eyes is to get something coherent, and that does not break the evolution of the story on that side.

But, of course, everybody plays as he wants.

Edited by mcguffin

They removed the save system and replaced it with a garbage mechanic most game devs abandoned 10-15 years ago? Good god, Bethesda, we wanted proper roleplay mechanics, not ancient design limits ripped right out of GTA3.

Well, that's a deal breaker for me. I'll stick with overhaul mods made by people here at the Nexus, like with every other Bethesda game. Some lessons they just don't seem to be able to learn.