Fallout 4 1.4.124 Beta Update is on!

Boombro

They removed the save system and replaced it with a garbage mechanic most game devs abandoned 10-15 years ago? Good god, Bethesda, we wanted proper roleplay mechanics, not ancient design limits ripped right out of GTA3.

Well, that's a deal breaker for me. I'll stick with overhaul mods made by people here at the Nexus, like with every other Bethesda game. Some lessons they just don't seem to be able to learn.

Mmh...

I missed the news where it's stated you *have* to play in survival mode ...

Edited by mcguffin

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They removed the save system and replaced it with a garbage mechanic most game devs abandoned 10-15 years ago? Good god, Bethesda, we wanted proper roleplay mechanics, not ancient design limits ripped right out of GTA3.

Well, that's a deal breaker for me. I'll stick with overhaul mods made by people here at the Nexus, like with every other Bethesda game. Some lessons they just don't seem to be able to learn.

Mmh...

I missed the news where it's stated you *have* to play in survival mode ...

I'm discussing the new features. Don't be a troll to derail an opinion you don't like.

When do they plan on actually fixing Thicket Excivations? been bugged since day 1 and still the same now..... rediculous that you have to restart your game for one area all the time >_>

Just change the object view distance from Ultra to High under Advanced in the game launcher settings and it will fix that problem.

N7Lisbeth:

Installing the beta completely removed all the .esps from my plugins file again, so I had to uninstall all my mods and reinstall them. Given that I ran NMM before the game, I'd have thought it would make the file read-only again, but apparently it failed (or it was rewritten on the install). Seems anti-mod friendly to me, contrary to the bullet point, but reinstalling everything worked out. I also noticed it referenced which .esps were missing when I loaded a save file.

Any one else had this problem? Not sure if should update my game.