I dont think there should be a Fallout 5

Hexxagone

Not for a LONG time at least. Post Apocalyptic games like Fallout strangle creativity. People were complaining that Fallout 4 is too much like Fallout 3, the genre is part of the problem. There is only so much you can do with Post Apocalyptic games before they all start seeming the same. Ruined America, makeshift cities, raiders, radioactive creatures. What makes it worse is that unlike Elder Scrolls, Bethesda didn't create the Fallout lore, so they cannot deviate too much from it and that makes them hit a wall in the planning stages.

They can set Fallout 5 in another city but it will be just like Fallout 4. More ruined buildings, more abandoned houses, broken down cars, ghouls and raiders, small settlements. only thing that changes is the unique locations to that city and the story. With Elder Scrolls, each province has different architecture, societal makeup, history, new unique creatures, different customs and clothing ETC. Unless Bethesda wants to do something radically different and piss off the fallout fans, then they are stuck making the same game over and over again.

Instead they should shelve Fallout and make a new IP. An open world futuristic Sci-Fi RPG shooter, like Mass Effect. Bethesda would build the lore and universe from the ground up, and let their imaginations run wild. They can still have power armor, robots, laser guns, and take whatever else they wanted from Fallout and make the new game a spiritual successor to the Fallout games. They would have humans as well as alien races we could play as. Each game could be set on a different world or a different continent on Earth or an alien world. It wouldn't suffer from the same problems that Fallout has.

Edited by Hexxagone

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should't make another Skyrim. After all, you'd get the same spells, mages, same dragons and forests. Same chickens etc. Same old woods that are either full of lights and trees, or dark and threatening. Same old factions and races, or just a somewhat new race that's mostly similar to previous ones. I think they should just shell the game since they seem to only advance same way despite creating the lore.

I think they shouldn't make another car, after all you get the same techno thingie with wheels that consumes a bunch of oil and only slightly varies from previous models, and I see no reason for companies to make another model.

My point is that they should make another game, people play it specifically for that world, for those ruins, the dangers of the radioactive ruins and creatures etc., same way you play Skyrim and older TES games for the fantasy. I don't want another IP, I want more Fallout stories. I want notes, cities, people telling me about their lives. I want to know what happened to each part of US/World. I want to know what happened to various factions (e.g. where did the Khans end up, how did they fare?). I want to find new enemies, friends, situations where things test my resolve, whether it's combat, speech, morals etc. The writers are free to diverge as much as they want from the original games, as long as they are considered as the canon history and things are written based off that. After all, OWB doesn't care much about NCR or anyone from Mohave, they're their own land with their own stories and history.

Issue with current game is not "same ruins", it's the little amount of story-wise content, whether it's quests, notes, characters or others. Obviously, if they continue the dumb-down trend, then maybe they should just stop. But they won't, Fallout is a fat caw.

Edited by Ethreon

Ethreon! Really!!!

Don't you see the OP is just trying to Goat People into an argument!

Can't believe you fell for it! :tongue:

And to the OP, Skyrim SUCKED! FO4 needs help but is still a better game by far. :tongue:

I know he is. I know the person from several posts around, it's the kind to post such stuff. But I'm bored of snapping furniture and I needed a break.

I'd love to see Bethesda make some new intellectual properties but I don't think they need to give up on their current ones in order to do so. Surely they can hire some more staff to work on the new IP development teams. In fact, to the best of my knowledge Bethesda is currently working on some new intellectual properties, they made that announcement recently. It's not like they're mutually exclusive options.

I disagree.
Fallout 5 should come to existence, maybe in a different way.

No more fighting Raiders, no more fighting gunners, in fact, you NEED to get them on your side.

Reason: a shitload of Aliens (which are here so that ain't a problem nea moar) invading Earth and wrecking havoc on it.

Well, that would be one idea.

No more a mere PEWPEWPEW game, but one that focusses far more on diplomacy, choices made, choosing your friends and enemies VERY carefully, some factions might backstab you.

Maybe not even the ones you expect it from...

Hmmm, I can see this so work out....

Edited by Klipperken

Well with the way they cycle game development, you'll get your wish regardless of why they do it. There were 2 years between FO3 and NV, and then a whopping 5 years between NV and FO4. I'm curious to see what the next Elder Scrolls is going to focus on, especially with them having the online game too. Those two will keep them busy long enough to put a few years between FO4 and 5.