Anyone using Mod Organizer for Fallout 4 already?

drcolossus

Is anyone else using Mod Organizer 2 for Fallout 4 already? I'm trying to use it but while it still all worked yesterday, today, after installing some new mods, the archive invalidation doesn't work anymore and no matter what I try it's not working again.

I have these values in my Fallout4.ini but it seems not to cut it:

sResourceDataDirsFinal=
sInvalidationFile=
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
Several texture mods I've installed don't work anymore (environment textures, satellite map texture, etc.). they all worked fine just a day ago.
I've already asked at the STEP project forum but there isn't much traffic so I was wondering if anyone is here who has a working solution to this issue.
After setting it all up with MO I'd hate to go back yet again to use NMM but if all else fails I have to.
Edited by drcolossus

I also want to use it, but is doesn't save my save files.

I have no trouble saving games, whether they are in the documents folder or in MO's profile folder. However I noticed that MO still seems to have an issue with using ini files and savegame files that are stored in a profile, so I disabled using profile folder for savegames now and always make sure that I edit the ini files in the documents/my games location and copy them over to MO's profile folder afterwards.

Edited by drcolossus

Well I will be damned but now it works again! All I did was change bEnableFileSelection to 1 in Fallout4Prefs.ini (some mod requested it to be set to 0 earlier). This seems to have done the trick with the archive invalidation issue. Not sure if this is really related, though as I thought all that this parameter does is enable/disable mod file selection the the FO4 native launcher.

Erm, why not just use NMM? :blink:

Several reasons:

I find NMM's UI awkward.

MO has a couple more convenient features (for example optional ESPs, great feature!).

And most importantly MO virtualizes the whole Data folder, making modding non-destructive. So you can happily move mods around, change order, etc without ever worrying that anything get deleted or physically overwritten. It makes testing mods and modding in general much easier.

Edited by drcolossus

Erm, wait, Mod Organizer ain't an editor or so right?

Just making sure.

To me, NMM works perfectly.

FO4Edit as well, for that matter, though I fail to combine Mods with it.

For some reason, if I combine one too many, it just kills the entire file off when launching (read crashing) FO4.

We surely could use a Mod Merger that actually works. :(