Looking for better eStat explanations.

mccordrm

Traenol,

Thanks. That's exactly what I'm trying to work out. There are eStats listed all over the place, but not all of them are relevant and thus can be ignored when Modding soldiers-- thus, the purpose of this list. :smile:

Other examples:

eStat_ShieldHP

eStat_HearingRadius

So the Backpack stat seems to be passive. If, for example, your soldier picks up loot from the battlefield, the backpack is where it goes. Thus the reason civilians (VIPs that you're controlling) can't pick up loot for you. I don't know for sure if anyone has ever hit the limit... I might have to test dropping it to one and playing a mission with multiple loot drops to see if it returns a "Backpack full" message or something.

Edited by mccordrm

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Traenol,

Thanks. That's exactly what I'm trying to work out. There are eStats listed all over the place, but not all of them are relevant and thus can be ignored when Modding soldiers-- thus, the purpose of this list. :smile:

Other examples:

eStat_ShieldHP

eStat_HearingRadius

So the Backpack stat seems to be passive. If, for example, your soldier picks up loot from the battlefield, the backpack is where it goes. Thus the reason civilians (VIPs that you're controlling) can't pick up loot for you. I don't know for sure if anyone has ever hit the limit... I might have to test dropping it to one and playing a mission with multiple loot drops to see if it returns a "Backpack full" message or something.

No limit per the code:

// All units have infinitely large backpacks, so CanAddItemToBackpack() is now always true

I really wish they had not done it this way ... Just like with HasGrenadePocket() ... all this great code is written to enable nice modding, and then its commented away and replaced with a simple true/false that cannot be changed/used in any meaningful way.

Edited by traenol

I'd like to link this from the pinned resource thread. But, can somebody summarize all the current findings in one post? It can be on this thread, or a new one, and I will link to the post directly.

I've been updating the first post to include all findings. :)

• 2 weeks later...

15. CharacterBaseStats[eStat_HighCoverConcealment]=1
;Still not sure if this is relevant. Feel free to leave at 1.
20. CharacterBaseStats[eStat_ReserveActionPoints]=0
;Not tested yet

Ok, finally took the time and looked into these two and found ....

NOTHING ... these two are completely unused and can be safely ignored/removed/created with wacky numbers ... go nuts.

Edited by traenol