Console vs. PC?

iansutton91

I played Oblivion on both PC and the 360. I liked both for different reasons (i.e better graphics on the 360 vs. mods on the PC). However, I have recently acquired a Macbook Pro and no longer have my gaming laptop. In y'alls opinion, will Skyrim be better on the 360 or PC?

Thanks!

if you have a PC that can play skyrim, theres no reason to get it for 360. unless the like spending more for something that does less, but you bought a MAC so you prply do.....lol i kid i kid Edited by hector530

I played Oblivion on both PC and the 360. I liked both for different reasons (i.e better graphics on the 360 vs. mods on the PC). However, I have recently acquired a Macbook Pro and no longer have my gaming laptop. In y'alls opinion, will Skyrim be better on the 360 or PC?

Thanks!

The better graphics on the 360 in your case is only due to the power of PC you have, a PC can blow away a 360. Mods and the ability to far outstrip a console graphically make PCs the winner hands down.

That really depends on just how powerful your computer is, a powerful enough computer can actually run games more smoothly than a 360 or PS3 can.On the other hand, if your computer is utter crap, it might be best to stick with the console version until you can afford a decent enough PC to run it with all the mods you want on it.Some people said that Oblivion's UI was more suited for a console, but I don't think that's necessarily true, just because you play on the console doesn't mean you don't want a clean, immersive UI that doesn't take up much space.

Protip: DON'T GET A GAMING PC FOR SKYRIM YET.

Wait until a month or two before, or preferably when they release the requirements, then build on that.

PC gaming is always evolving, so 1,000 into a pc now has a good chance to not be as good as 1,000 into a gaming computer shorty before release.

You should find someone to build a gaming PC specifically for what you need. Buying one means a lot of junk (60-day Norton free trial, etc) on the OS which will make it slower. Usually new PC's don't have strong enough power supplies & video cards to be serious machines.

If money is tight, (and you are in school) go ahead with the console. I'd sure miss the great mods I expect for Skyrim however.