Console vs. PC?

iansutton91

Here's something interesting, there was a poll a while back in this forum for what the recommended platform was.54 people voted for the PC, nine people voted for the XBOX 360, and for the PS3.....zero people.I kind of think that's somewhat amusing, as if the PS3 is the worst possible choice to play on, but I wouldn't know since I don't own one.

Here's something interesting, there was a poll a while back in this forum for what the recommended platform was.54 people voted for the PC, nine people voted for the XBOX 360, and for the PS3.....zero people.I kind of think that's somewhat amusing, as if the PS3 is the worst possible choice to play on, but I wouldn't know since I don't own one.

I had a PS3 for a while. Fallout 3 ran worse on it than it did for Xbox 360, for some reason, and the Online isn't anywhere near the quality as Xbox's. Not to mention it's full of hackers (I'm referring to the Call of Duties, and in-game hacking, not the recent server hacking) The only reason I would get another one would be for the good PS3 exclusives, and there's not that many.

Anyway I sold it to get the Slim after my old xbox 360 Red Ringed' .

Any poll will follow the interests of the people polled. TheNexus is a PC site. Some members also have consoles, but all will have a PC. Many of those who voted have probably never played a console and just voted PC because that is what they have. So, that poll was biased from the beginning. I prefer PC also, mainly as the consoles are not modable. And I do much more on my PC than just play games. Do they even have an MS office compatible spreadsheet program for the consoles? :whistling:

I played Oblivion on both PC and the 360. I liked both for different reasons (i.e better graphics on the 360 vs. mods on the PC). However, I have recently acquired a Macbook Pro and no longer have my gaming laptop. In y'alls opinion, will Skyrim be better on the 360 or PC?

Thanks!

Oblivion looks much better of the PC as oppose to the 360 or the PS3 even without mods and Skyrim will likely be no different. The PC version of Skyrim will be vastly superior to the console version in every way. Current console technology is lightyears behind the PC market right now and it shows. Skyrim on the PC will have better graphics, better sound quality, mods, and if you don't like using a mouse and keyboard you can always use a console controller on a PC. If you have a dinosaur of a PC and end up getting it for the 360 or PS3 it will still be an enjoyable experience but it doesn't do it justice. It's like buying a Mustang but only getting a 6-cylinder as oppose to a V-8 yea it still works just fine but deep down it is just a crime against nature lol.

Edit: I played Morrowind on the original Xbox and Oblivion on the 360 as well as the PC so as someone who experienced these games on multiple platforms the PC is the undisputed champ in every way.

Edited by NAPALM13092

To sum up the comparisons of PC and Console:

A good gaming PC is like an Aston Martin, whereas a good console system is like a Toyota Camry. Both can run the game fine, but the more expensive machine can do a much better job. However, I must point out that a PC is more technical in terms of use compared to the limitations of a plug and play console.

How is this even a fair question PC rules for reason beyond mention. Consoles to my opinion are very bad laptops with even worse software and are designed for people who are lazy. I'm sorry I owned a ps3 on which I started playing TES4 and fallout 3 on it and they where both crashing constantly. Consoles remind me of my first sony devices.

Consoles are great for some games ( playing soccer and such ) but I can't imagine anyone with a choice freely choosing to play Skyrim on a console.

My preference is PC (thats mostly because I hate playing with consoles as the controllers don't fit in my hands at all). With enough money PC will roll over any console and I have a hunch that today's PC hardware can still beat next-gen consoles after some tweaking and such :P. With Skyrim as question Mods are a huge plus for PC's side. And of course as Skyrim is a RPG console's controllers are no match for the keyboard and mouse (hotkeys etc.). But as many said earlier PC can be a quite a blackhole for money. I am going to upgrade my PC after AMD releases the 7xxx series to the market with reasonable prices as my current video card (4850) is going to be trash after this year (few games need better video card than mine to run smoothly).

bben46 they probably dropped the idea for 1 main reason: Firstly hardware of Xbox 360 and PC will differ greatly from each other -> the player with better hardware (richer) has the advantage. Other reasons (like controller vs. keyboard and mouse etc.) probably weren't so significant as the first one.