A poem

Kuraikiba

As I walk through life, I feel as if I stride through a meadow

The grasses flow in the autumn breeze tranquilly as I feel myself slip through time

Each second passes through my hands, like the valley's scorched sand

Occurrence is like a poison, Incident a tourniquet

I feel blood slip from my hands, as my footstep echo in shattered glass

So like that glass was the essence of me, passing through eternity

I never saw, I never did wake up, but ask I do now

Did I ever dream to begin with, or did I stand in this cathedral, locked up inside

As I barely ever shed a tear, yet I begin to cry, I felt alone as no one passed me by

In the inferno of my life, did I question so many times the scars of my life

As the time I left my blood to die? There were always times I felt scared, but it was not an end of mine

I slept through the darkness, these howling winds chained me to wall and floor

Yet as I stood in the flames, I walked on no matter how bad the pain

I screamed, I hollered, my fists hit the stone, as my soul whispered goodbye

I felt a screaming madness, but it was just the torment and demons my body had joined

Nothing felt the same at all, because the air turned to ash, as I whispered

That a dragon could give me one more chance

But my Corruptor and my Torturer, he just looked at me and smiled

As I fell into the churls and the loa of the darkness

He tore me head, feet and spine, so I would seeth for the keen thoughts, those torturing my mind

I will never be whole again, I was destroyed a final time, as the shattered fragments of my spirits, fall into a water no faith can climb

I can never see the trees, the love of people, or the wind, because nothing is left, as I spit sands and thorns into the void behind

But I kept feeling hope, despite blood on my tongue and the chains that bind, for love o'er hatred comes sublime

I have seen all of Hell, I've spit lava and spewn dreams, yet as even all this damnation comes, I bleed and I bleed

For all the fibers in my heart, for all that's left of my tattered seams, as I even die, the pow'r in my razes all that sieges me

Even as my fingers turn to ash, and fire boils my brain, as I am ravaged by the daemons whips, I kill what is inside of me

I reject all the lies, even though ev'ry soul tried to see me dead, I repulsed all that feeds on me

But as I win a war, I drop to my knees and cry, to know I never had an enemy

That was only my self, because I became the evils I swore to fight

I tore myself apart, and because I betrayed everything, I'll never see a light

As I've shattered my soul and heart, I'd give all to make it right

Because all I really did in the end was what I'd earned

To fade forever into shadow, and never be loved

I became the Dragon I had fought, I became a murderer inside

I no longer can have a soul, I only ended my life

Wow...

This is a well written poem; you can feel the power behind, through the eyes of a darkened and hollowed soul. Every line dripped of blackened blood and a cold embrace with every sentence. This is a fantastic, terrifying, and gripping poem of sinister brilliance. Heart-felt, self-viewing, and overall, depressingly entertaining. Well done, a true work of art from start to finish.

Thank you very much. I have always loved to write poems, and am quite a good writer.

I took parts of poetry, but also took a little bit of how I feel, and my pain and experiences of my life, to powerfully show with emotion that no matter how much I was beaten, and torn up inside, I fought on, and that even the stoic can cry.

Finally, someone around here who shares my same views. I can tell from your writings that you are a powerful poet. If you have thought about, then you'd make a excellent one at that.

I feel poetry is the words of the soul. Your life is the paper, experience the pen, and emotion the ink. To feel anything real, one must see themselves as if looking through a mirror, opening the windows of the soul and heart.

Thanks. I made a new poem recently, called Unwept but Unshattered. Should check it out, and tell me what you think.

Will do so with no doubt. Busy at the moment though, but will get back to it as soon as time permits.