Brightness bug

bill8872

Every so often when I go into stealth mode I get a brightness bug, depending on the area I am in. It just happened near the Museum of Witchcraft.

It looks like I am always seeing nukes going off, but only in stealth mode.

My screens brightness goes way up, and blurs out the edges of the screen. I am playing on a wide screen tv but don't think that is the reason.

So far the only fix I have is to reload a save, but sometimes I lose 1/2 hour or more of play time.

Is there a setting, or another way to fix it?

Let me re-describe the issue a bit.

Its more like having the pipboy light on when I stealth.

I updated my video drivers, deleted my INI, and perf files, and let steam validate them.( which fixed a different issue)

Edited by bill8872

What is your load order and what kind of armor are you wearing?

It's definitely some IMOD that keeps playing for whatever reason when you stealth. i thought it might be the chameleon armor effect but it's different.

I made a batch file for someone a few weeks ago that clears all IMODs currently running, though if this keeps happening to you then someone keeps calling the effect.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9852?

It might help you in the meantime while you try to figure out the cause though.

I do not think my load order has anything to do with why my brightness changes like that when I stealth.

I am wearing Shade V armor, with re-textured combat armor. I am not using any mods that change my visual settings, and i can find nothing that would adjust then during stealth.

This does not happen every time. Outside at night, and in every building/ inside zone.

I will try the mod you posted, but my feeling its something really stupid I am over looking.

I been trying to see if there is an .ini or perf setting that might be the reason, but I don't see anything that adjusts with stealthed.

Wile my load order my not be 100% correct as many recommended, I have no Keyword issue, and I am 99.9% sure everything is working correctly.

Edited by bill8872