Morrowind Major Lag!!!

Amazingchopin

Hello,

I've installed the GOTY edition with all the expansions with MGE included. No mods, only MGE and Morrowind Code Patch.

When I'm in an Interior my FPS are around 400. But when I'm outside (exterior) than my FPS are lower then 10 !!!!

The installation order:

1. Installing Morrowind

2. Installing Tribunal

3. Update Tribunal v1.4.1313

4. Installing Bloodmoon

5. Update Bloodmoon v1.6.1820

6. Downloading 4GB Patch

7. Downloading MCP

8. Downloading MGE v3.3.2

9. Playing the Game

=

10. Ultra Lag!!!!!

I can even play Crysis II and COD:Black Ops in Full high Quality, but not Morrowind?!?!?!?! LOL

My computer specs:

Windows 7 Home Pre. x64

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.8 Ghz

Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 Quad-Kit

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3

MSI R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition 1024 MB

Note that I can't play/setup the Latest MGE, it just don't work, only with this version of MGE...

Can you guys help me or give me some advice. And please don't tell me that this game is TOO old for my PC :sad:

Edited by Amazingchopin

I know it sounds ridiculous, but try disabling shadows. I remember someone on another forum, who had the same problem, ended up disabling the shadows, and the problem went away.

It's worth a shot, at least.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but try disabling shadows. I remember someone on another forum, who had the same problem, ended up disabling the shadows, and the problem went away.

It's worth a shot, at least.

Do you mean to set "High detail shadows" off in MGE? No, that didn't work :sad:

No, I mean in the in-game options menu. Just turn them completely off.

I don't have MGE, so I may not be able to "see" what you're seeing. :blush:

EDIT: Hang on - it's been a while since I played, so I can't remember if this is an option or not - if you're only getting this uber lag in exterior cells, try turning off water reflection if there's an option to do so. Maybe even play around with the view distance.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Definitely turn the high quality shadows off, they're awful.

And share your MGE settings. As long as you make them crazy high enough MGE can drag the FPS on any PC down to 10. :P

Definitely turn the high quality shadows off, they're awful.

And share your MGE settings. As long as you make them crazy high enough MGE can drag the FPS on any PC down to 10. :P

Well, my land distance = 6 and Fog distance = 9.

Can't really see here the problem though, and the distance settings are not that high.

Yeah that looks alright from what I can see here. What texture/mesh quality and distant statics size did you select when you generated distant land?

MGE 3.8.2 and the later beta revisions offer huge performance improvements though, it would definitely be worth another try to get that to work.

I have:

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.16 Ghz

GPU: ATI HD4850 512MB

RAM: 4 GB RAM

And I run at a decent 30 FPS with much higher quality settings with MGE XE, the special MGE version with shadows for statics.

Edited by Povuholo

Yeah that looks alright from what I can see here. What texture/mesh quality and distant statics size did you select when you generated distant land?

MGE 3.8.2 and the later beta revisions offer huge performance improvements though, it would definitely be worth another try to get that to work.

I have:

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.16 Ghz

GPU: ATI HD4850 512MB

RAM: 4 GB RAM

And I run at a decent 30 FPS with much higher quality settings with MGE XE, the special MGE version with shadows for statics.

Yeah, that's also a problem. This is the only version that I can play with. The latest version don't work wich also includes MGE XE.

If I install the latest version of MGE, then a message comes; "MGE doesn't work properly" And if I try to play Morrowind without touching MGE, then it says "Please configure MGE first before playing"

It's like a circle that never ends :wallbash:

EDIT:

The texture/mesh quality are 2048x2048 and the "Distant Minimum Statics Size" are 50

Due the Texture loading this error suddenly appear:

Edited by Amazingchopin