How to get rid of Synths and thier bodies?

Aterr

Since this is the Spoilers section, I felt that it was appropriate to discuss the subject here,,, I have Settlement Aid (That is how I locate the spies) I have Scrap Everything and Scrap Dead Things mods. I have piles of dead Synths at a couple of my settlements that will not scrap, I can have a dozen dead Raiders, Super Mutants, Gunners and Deathclaws lying all over, but they readily scrap. I have a couple of Synth Spy Brahmin lying in the way that I cannot move at all... even in Power Armor. In Fallout 3 you could move some cars and Super Mutant carcasses if you were in Power Armor.

The other subject is WHY does everyone attack you for killing a Spy... They do it in Diamond City and Good Neighbor and no one goes Ape $#it! Yet, I do it and Followers and Settlers loose it. I killed one and had Piper loot it... she didn't say squat about finding a Synth Component.. guess she was still pissed that I shot it in the head...

I have resorted to putting a bed in a secluded section of the settlement and when I spot one, assign it to that bed. When the settlers go to bed, I either sneak up close and shoot them with a Silenced 10mm or use Sandman. I Always Save before I do, just in case! In any case my Settlements start moving towards unhappy for a time. If they are already unhappy, it takes a longer time to begin upwards again.

Any ideas???

EDIT: I dismiss my followers OR grab Dogmeat before terminating a Spy... he don't give crap about who I put down!

Yeh, I know what you mean about your settlers attacking you when you take suspected synth out.

Maybe a beth update or a mod might sort that out in the future.

Have you tried opening the console (PC) and hover your mouse over the corpse and then left click to get a number up?

Type disable and then enter then close the console.

Yeh, I know what you mean about your settlers attacking you when you take suspected synth out.

Maybe a beth update or a mod might sort that out in the future.

Have you tried opening the console (PC) and hover your mouse over the corpse and then left click to get a number up?

Type disable and then enter then close the console.

I was looking for a little more Immersive way... I thought they would disappear with a Cell Reset, but that does not seem to be the case. Thinking about modpos, but IF they are going to Linger for a long time, like to have a mod that would move them to a "Holding Cell" ie some little crazy command like "MoveBodyToDump" of course I'd have to create a Cell named dump first, then write a script to do it...

Since I can't seem to find a way to make my Scraping mods target these Synth bodies, I made a keyboard macro to modpos them outside of my settlements. So far, it's working. As of late today, it no longer is working by using modpos,,, I did a file validation through steam and updated about 2 dozen mods.

After about 2 hours of disabling and re enabling mods I am no closer to being able to move the dead Synth Brahmin. If I use modpos, they pop right back and soon as I exit console.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally found a way to do it! Make sure you save before you do this... Note to Self!!! Save Game BEFORE doing this. Go into console mode, Target Dead Synth Body, type the word disable, hit Enter. Exit Console. If the Body is still there, then you removed something else from the game. Load your save and try again! If you don't, you could end up like me, with a corrupted save. I found this out the hard way and ended up loosing a few hours of play.

• 3 weeks later...