Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch not recommended?

VapSub

The author of "Fallout3 WinXP-7-8 Multicore Threading 4GB LAA", in a reply on the mod's page, recommends against the use of the Unofficial Patch. I find this a bit strange and slightly confusing to a novice like me. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion as to its use, plus other stability-performance mods for FO3 in 2016.

Edit: Found this guide as recommended in another thread, which seems to cover pretty much all the bases except for the lack of mention of the above multicore patch. Guess I might do without it.

Edited by VapSub

About the only 2 tweaks I use in the game these days, outside of those needed in the GECK for modding, is the Quad Core Fix and the 4GB LAA. I have used the unofficial patch in the past, but not in every game. It does fix some things, but nothing that really fixes any game breaking bugs so it is a take it or leave it thing for me. It does make a lot of changes to things so I can see where that mod author might say what he did about the possibility of conflicts with other mods. Of course the same can be said for almost any mod in the game, which is really all the unofficial patch is really.