PC Build Recommendations

amullinix

Compatibility is no problem when it comes to something like a Graphics card, as long the motherboard has a PCI-E slot in it. Which is like, every mobo out there.

And of course there could also be the case-size problem, but not with that HAF 932

Here you go... http://i.imgur.com/NntHZ.png

Your case is fine.

Western Digital is a lot more reliable than segate for your HDD.

Monitor should be fine.

MSI's twin frozr cooler is way better than that reference card, you won't have to invalidate your warranty and buy more thermal paste with an aftermarket heatsink.

That drive is IDE, you want sata. You probably won't even need an optical drive though.

Seasonic's PSUs are more reliable, and this one is modular. (only plug in necessary cables into PSU)

That RAM is triple channel, your motherboard is dual channel. Go with 8GB or 4GB.

Motherboard is wrong socket type.

i7 is nice, but bulldozers will be out by the end of July.

And I added a small SSD for windows, programs and a few games.

I was looking at a few SSDs, Im just skeptical for some reason. I have some experience with Raids with 7+ HDD used, so I keep trying to lean towards that type of setup (hence the large space). I know the SSDs are better faster smarter, etc. I just never like the size options. That's me being lazy though, and I realize that. It's just as easy to install software elsewhere, and I know that.

I've had bad experiences with PSU's in the past with not having enough juice. Again, my own fault, but still. That's why I went for more instead of being conservative. I like corsair though (thats what I have now).

I noticed the difference in channels, but nubile tendencies being what they are...

And yeah I saw the wrong socket type AFTER I a days worth of stewing on it. That's going to change.

I did look at the frozr after seeing a couple people mention it, but for some reason it didn't click in my head when I was selecting.

I didn't want other people to do this work for me, but I honestly don't think I could convey enough gratitude. I realize I am somewhat frustrating to deal with when it comes to this stuff. It comes naturally (it seems anyway) for you guys, while I am still at the lineup waiting to run. I appreciate the help you all have given. I'll be looking through the list you created, Urbex, and learning a little more about each piece so that I know WHY I'm buying things, instead of just going with what someone said (might as well go with ibuypower if I were to do that). Not that I'm not taking what you guys have said to heart.

Edited by amullinix

Here you go... http://i.imgur.com/NntHZ.png

Your case is fine.

Western Digital is a lot more reliable than segate for your HDD.

Monitor should be fine.

MSI's twin frozr cooler is way better than that reference card, you won't have to invalidate your warranty and buy more thermal paste with an aftermarket heatsink.

That drive is IDE, you want sata. You probably won't even need an optical drive though.

Seasonic's PSUs are more reliable, and this one is modular. (only plug in necessary cables into PSU)

That RAM is triple channel, your motherboard is dual channel. Go with 8GB or 4GB.

Motherboard is wrong socket type.

i7 is nice, but bulldozers will be out by the end of July.

And I added a small SSD for windows, programs and a few games.

if you get a MSI get the twin fozer III not the II. the 3rd has better fans. from what i hear bulldozers wont be that big of an upgrade from a i7 2600k or prply wont surpass it but it will cost 100 dollars less then the i7

Ok; staying with the 2600k instead of waiting for Bulldozer. Preference really. The 2600k will do exactly what I want :shrugs:

I am split on two mobos though. Take a look at them:

One

Two

For some reason I am strongly attracted to Gigabyte. Let me know what you all think.

OKAY... I think I have it. Let me know what you think:

SeaSonic X Series X-850 (SS-850KM Active PFC F3) 850W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD ...

Model #:X-850

Item #:N82E16817151102

Noctua NH-C14 140mm x 2 SSO CPU Cooler

Model #:NH-C14

Item #:N82E16835608020

(This was a... 'why not' selection)

Nippon Labs Delux Internal Card Reader with Floppy Drive 3.5" Internal All In One Card Reader/Writer with USB2.0 & FDD1.44" ...

Model #:ICR-EE

Item #:N82E16820816002

COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Compucase Case with USB 3.0 and Black Interior

Model #:RC-932-KKN5-GP

Item #:N82E16811119160

(preference; I've used Killer cards before, and dont mind em)

VisionTek Bigfoot Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card

Model #:900317

Item #:N82E16833189002

GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD4-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Model #:GA-P67A-UD4-B3

Item #:N82E16813128478

(2) MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video ...

Model #:N560GTX-TI Twin Froz

Item #:N82E16814127565

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K

Model #:BX80623I72600K

Item #:N82E16819115070

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

Model #:CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

Item #:N82E16820233144

Western Digital Caviar Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Model #:WD2002FAEX

Item #:N82E16822136792

SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive SATA Model SH-B123L/RSBP LightScribe Support (Retail)

Model #:SH-B123L/RSBP

Item #:N82E16827151232

Edited by amullinix