Sneaking and noise

MarkInMKUK

@ Astymma

I think that should solve it...I'm lazy to learn all the functions that you can use so I missed GetOpenSound and SetOpenSound. But this is not using a sound directly, if you know what I mean ;)

I've checked something...All doors are persistent reference by default, so there would be no problem with getting refs of doors via script.

I can suggest some additional things that you can do. Firstly, don't assume that there is only one "noisy" opening sound. There are more. Some examples are: woodenOpen sound, woodenHeavyOpen, creakyOpen... So what you need to do is to do a little survey of sounds of all noisy doors (basically all sounds) and make logical expression that will include all of these. There are close sounds as well, but they can be voided here (but can't be voided later when you oil the door). All doors will be "noisy" in the beginning.

When you "oil" the door, you should make some custom sound that's more quiet and use SetOpenSound and SetCloseSound to make the door "oiled". Some timer can be made to make the door "noisy" back again. This part can ruin the thing, because you don't know what sound to put there, so you can use only one "noisy" sound for noisy again doors. Maybe some array can be used to memorize things and put them back in place... After setting "oiled door sound", if block will not recognize the door as noisy and nothing will be triggered as result. No additional variables are needed.

I think that the solution you mentioned is acceptable. You should make this mod. Make some demo to see if things work as expected and if they do, continue till you finish it. You can post your progress in this thread or make another thread just for this purpose.

@goranga

Hehe, my interest in such a mod extends only so far as helping the OP in this thread. I don't really have time to develop and support a mod of that magnitude at the moment. Currently, I barely have enough time to play Oblivion, much less mod for it... so I've limited my time to being a forum jockey :) Be glad to assist anyone who does want to develop such a mod though...