Need some help!

behindbars

First of all hi to everyone! I know oblivion is an old game and many of you might have stoped playing or modding but I think there are quite a few people still enjoying it.

So after using a couple of mods I decided I wanted to make one for my self!

Firstly I used a mod for a draconic bow (lineage 2 weapon) but I hated the textures and I updated them! Everything cool, everything working!

4 days ago I decided that I wanted to add an angelslayer (lineage 2 weapon) too. So I downloaded the files needed for the job! I extracted the meshes and the textures from lineage and turned the meshes into .nif! At first there were a couple of problems with the model but I fixed it!

I loaded the .nif with nifscope and pointed nifskope to the right texture path! (everything with the same name!

I added normal map to my textures!

I even used the nif of another dagger and replaced some lines with my custom dagger!

Everytime I start the game and get the dagger it's always the same! my character holds the air and swings it around! No meshes, no textures , nothing just an invisible sword!

Can someone help me? I'm a newbie in oblivion moding but I'm really pissed because I've spend three days searching for an answer! every possible solution that I've read for the matter is not working!

The worst thing of all is that nifskope is teasing me by showing me a perfect Angel Slayer!

Thank you in advance!

Edited by behindbars

First thing:

- Do Not Rip. And if you do, don't upload here, it's illegal.

Now,

1 - try opening the sword up in blender (search for it on nexus and follow installation instructions)

2 - Import a vanilla oblivion sword of about the same size

3 - Scale and rotate the new sword to match the oblivion sword

4 - Delete the physical oblivion sword - NOT the wireframe around it

5 - Delete everything from your new sword except for the mesh itself

6 - Export > nif > set settings to clutter (metal) for collision, and weapon (side/back) for location (it might be smart to google this bit)

7 - Convert your textures to dds and make sure they're square and the size is a ... thingy of 2 (forgot the english, sizes 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048, 4096x4096) (Don't forget minimaps and normalmaps, google oblivion wiki and go to textures there if you don't know what they are)

8 - Apply textures & save in nifskope

9 - Make a new plugin, copy the weapon you used for scaling and change the nif path there

10 - Place the weapon ingame

11 - Be a very happy person

If it still doesn't work, try google or the oblivion wiki with the textures / models section

Third - Why do you put a ! behind every sentence? Too much caffeine?

1st thank you I'll try it and tell you what I came up with.

2nd I didn't upload anything, and didn't know porting from another game was considered riping as long as proper credits were given.

3d Not caffeine, I was a bit pissed off with it :)

Hmmmf I did everything you said, First time I did it your way I got an almost flat mesh in game no textures all white on the right position though!

Then I tried something else via a tutorial on youtube, textures and meshes were ok but problem was the weapon was flying and when I unequiped it and reequiped it dissapeared... :(

Edited by behindbars