Companion Bounty

Ok I'm firing an aoe spell scipt in the area to make sure my companion attacks whatever innocent NPC or guard I attack. ( She attacks whatever NPC has the player as a combat target if she was not in combat and the player was in combat.)

What I want to do next is take her bounty and remove it and tack it onto the player's bounty. The problem is she isn't getting one....

I have her in the player faction and I buffed up her health and watched her kill 3 guards (who were after my character because of her high bounty) and she acquired no crime gold. Any advice?

Edited by mojodajojo

You shouldn't need to give them the player faction, the CM partners mod probably prevents the bounty gain anyway. Try looking in the CM partner faction. Edited by Jagermh

Well, I have CM installed ( I like to use the CM partners people upload to populate areas.), but she's not a CM partner it's all my own code.

Edit: I uninstalled CM Partners and she still gets no bounty. I'm gonna try her with a vanilla set up with only her esp installed to see what happens.

Edit: Bah... Vanilla Oblivion with only my companion esp and she still doesn't get a bounty. Could it be related to the artificial way I'm starting her combat?

Edit: I guess I can just artificially apply a bounty increase to the player when she kills a guard, but I'm still interested in why she doesn't acquire bounties if someone knows.

Edited by mojodajojo

The Crime quest has a GetIsPlayableRace requirement. Your companion using a playable race?

I actually looked for a long time in Oblivion.esm for any functionality that could prevent bounty gain and that was all I could come up with... and I'm fairly sure it doesn't relate...but meh, might as well bring it up.

Edited by Astymma

The Crime quest has a GetIsPlayableRace requirement. Your companion using a playable race?

I actually looked for a long time in Oblivion.esm for any functionality that could prevent bounty gain and that was all I could come up with... and I'm fairly sure it doesn't relate...but meh, might as well bring it up.

Her race is not playable!! Doh I bet that's what it is!! Thanks :) Gonna check it out in a few and make sure, but I bet that's what it is.

Her race is not playable!! Doh I bet that's what it is!! Thanks :) Gonna check it out in a few and make sure, but I bet that's what it is.

Edit: Bah, still no go. That condition you saw must be on the guards being able to say their lines not the target. Dang my bounty impervious companion.

Meant to edit.... I could swear I hit edit and not reply lol.

Edit: I got off my butt and looked at the crime quest. It unfortunately looks like it deals with the player's already acquired bounty and going to jail etc. You'd think I'd remember this stuff since I've looked at the thing in the past but I didn't :)

Edited by mojodajojo

I don't think NPCs get bounties unless you set it yourself. Not entirely sure, but pretty sure.

Dunno about for murder, but I'm pretty sure I've seen guards pwn npc's for stealing food for their eating packages.

I.E

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:City-Swimmer

Edit: Also this page claims they get bounties for stealing, but I dunno.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Bounty#Crime

I can tell you one thing for sure though. My companion doesn't lol. She can kill guards all day and they are like thank you Ma'am may I have another?

Edited by mojodajojo

I also don't think NPCs get bounty.

Guess what you have to do? It'll be cool to see some guards putting thieves in jail, that'll sure add some life to Oblivion!

• 2 weeks later...

I had her aggression and personality setting wrong for a bit, and she started some fights on her own with other cranky npcs. She got a bounty for it and my scripting took off the bounty and applied it to the player, yay!

Unfortunately, this really does me no good. She still gets no bounty when she joins a fight to defend me from a guard or some npc I assaulted. I wish the game didn't differentiate between the two.